2. Hermana

Chapter Two: Hermana

With a happy stomach and drowsy eyes, Louis bid all of his friends a goodnight before trudging away to his room, his legs now too tired to complete their functions correctly. The others didn't dare question Louis' change in attitude, continuing to eat their pizza in odd silence. An hour after Louis had gone to sleep, Tommy and Oli had moved to the couch to watch one of the many films that was held on a shelf just above the television. In the meanwhilst, Ed got a text back from a very familiar person, deciding to take a walk around the hotel to ease off his stress and worry a bit. He shoved his cold hands into the warm pockets of his moss green jacket, kicking a few rocks with his pearly white Converse. When he got to the hotel's pool, he opened the gate before walking inside, sitting on one of the cold cement benches, taking in deep and slow breaths, his head clearing up just a bit with each breath he took in.

Ed watched as a family of ducks skidded onto the ocean blue pool, quietly quacking as they bathed themselves in the bleach-filled water. He looked down at his hands, smiling when he heard the sound of the gate opening and shutting with a loud clank, heels clicking against the stone tile. "Long time no see," she sat next to Ed, her eyes never glancing away from him. "'m glad you finally decided to reach me after all these years of us suffering."

Ed looked up at the familiar blue-green eyes with genuine sympathy. "I know, Charlie, and I apologise, but no one is to blame, not I nor Louis. I did my best to keep Louis safe and out of harm's reach, that was my priority."

Charlotte, now twenty-two years old, crossed her legs, her small white bookbag sitting on her lap. They sat in silence for a whilst before Charlotte sighed deeply, watching Ed from her peripheral vision as she spoke, waiting for his reaction. "Fine." She paused before continuing with a nod. "I'll take Louis in and you lads can come along as well, I suppose. Only temporary, though, until you are all able to get back on your feet."

Ed stood up, taking Charlotte's hand into both of his. "I totally agree on that and I'm eternally grateful, thank you." He leaned down and gently pressed his soft lips onto her soft knuckles.

Charlotte didn't say a single thing, but smiled when Ed looked up at her. She wasn't uncomfortable by this, it was a friendly gesture and she appreciated it. On their way back to the hotel room, they conversed with one another. The two of them were recapping on each other's lives, not having seen each other in six, almost seven years just when Louis was turning eighteen and Ed decided it was best to meet up with Charlotte and discuss about Louis. Ed told her of the dangerous life the four of them had, even though she had an idea of how it was. He also explained how they escaped not too long ago, and how Louis' been dealing with his little problems since he's joined the gang.

Once they were in the hotel room, Ed immediately showed her to Louis' room, not bothering the introduction between her and the others. As soon as he switched the lights on, Louis began to shift in the bed, opening his eyes for a minute or two before finally reacting, being a light sleeper. With sleep still in his mind, he began spitting swears, covering himself from head-to-toe with his baby blue blanket. "Mate," Louis let out a sarcastic chuckle. "I'll kill ya with my bare hands, you know it, ya fucking idiot."

Charlotte walked towards her brother, sitting on the edge of the bed, gazing at him, noticing every single detail on him she swore she wouldn't be able to recognize if the situation were different. She gently ran her delicate hand up and down his back, the elder still unknowing of who was there. When Louis felt the unfamiliar touch, he immediately sat up, flinching and hissing in pain, glaring into Charlotte's eyes.

In realisation, his eyes widened, leaning back. His heart started aching for an unknown reason. He sat completely still as Charlotte cautiously touched his cheek before smiling, not noticing his wincing, and wrapped her arms around him, caressing the very ends of his hair, twisting the wisps between her fingertips. She uttered a single word, which had caused a series of memories to flush into Louis' mind. "Boo."