1. Horde

Chapter One: Horde

H

It was rainy during the long hours of the night, the fat drops of rain hitting the ground at an increasing speed. It was five-fifty-six in the morning as Louis got into the black Toyota Sienta, his grey hoodie lazily placed over his head. He took a seat in the back of the van, rolling down the sleeves of his jacket, feeling goosebumps rising on his arms as he looked out of the window at the rainy, depressing night. The others were getting their luggage into the trunk of the van with caution whilst trying to hurry. Then, Oli got in the shotgun seat as Ed got into the driver's seat, glancing back at Louis, a sad smile displayed on the redhead's face. Louis never looked back at either of them, not even as Tommy sat next to him in the back, giving him a slight pat on his thigh, before looking out of the window, too, almost trembling.

They were all afraid at this point, leaving everything they had come to know behind as they drove onward, all trying to leave their past behind them for now on. They've gathered enough money to rent a hotel room whilst they were staying in London, the furthest they could get from Doncaster.

Louis was furious, yet terrified at the same time."This is bullshit! I could've stayed, but now they're coming for me, too. Thanks a lot, man."

Ed looked back at him through the rearview mirror. "You aren't like them, you were never meant for that lifestyle, I know that. I'm only trying to protect you -"

He growled, slamming his fist down on the seat. "I've never asked you to, I don't need you in my life, I don't need any of you! Let me off before it's too late!"

Ed didn't listen to him and kept driving, looking in the sideview mirror once in a whilst, hoping no one would be following them. He didn't want to argue with Louis at this time and kept his mouth shut, hoping Louis would come to his senses, though he knew that that was almost close to being impossible.

Louis laid his head back against the seat, looking out of the window once again, his eyelids feeling heavier with each blink. "I hate you all, you know?"

Ed silently chuckled, a pained smile on his face. "We know, bud."

___

"I already hate it here." Louis whined, just after walking through the creaking door of the cheap, musty hotel. It was later in the day, around seven in the morning.

"Rather stay on the streets, mate?" Tommy joked, rolling his suitcase inside one out of the three rooms, which was the best they could afford for now.

"Oli has couch duty." Ed announced once he walked in with his suitcase and Louis' plain black duffle bag. "Your highness." He said, handing Louis' duffle bag to him with gentle care, not wanting a disturbance to happen between Louis and the others.

"Lousy old couch. It's better than having a prick up my arse, I reckon?" Oli replied to Ed, walking in with his own bag and shutting the door behind him, walking over to the cream-coloured couch, placing his own Nike duffle bag on it.

No one offered Oli a part of their room because he was just a noisy sleeper, snoring and talking in his sleep and all. You'd almost feel bad for him. Almost.

"God knows you'd enjoy it too much." Louis mumbled, walking to his own room with his bag hanging off his shoulder. He threw his bag on the bed as soon as he shut the door, shouting to himself, almost incomprehensible. "This is absolute shit!"

"Oi! It was the best that was offered, just go to sleep, yeah?" Ed shouted, angered with Louis' immaturity, but he knew he couldn't help it. "Give me a break, Lou, I'm trying to keep you safe, along with the others."