To my surprise, they actually smiled.

"I got everything taken care of... I actually have the papers for one of the apartment buildings I have my eyes set on. The rent's pretty cheap, but since it already has furniture in it, the price in order to rent it the first month is a little bit high than the rest of the year. In order to pay for it, I'm going to have to get a job."

Mr. and Mrs. Lee had a wide-eyed look on their face while Eunri still maintained that concerned look.

I laughed awkwardly.

"I know it's a lot to take in... and it isn't really your typical morning conversation, but I really wanted to get this off my chest and not be a burden to you guys anymore."

I immediately saw Mr. and Mrs. Lee's smile vanish in seconds.

"Honey, you were never a burden for us... don't ever think that." Mrs. Lee said softly but emphasized every word.

"I admire your dedication Jungkook-ah, we actually didn't mind your stay here, it made things even more lively at times. But are you sure you want to go through with this?" Mr. Lee asked seriously.

I looked him straight in the eyes.

"Yes."

He looked at me some more, then chuckled and stood up from the table.

"Well, go on and get ready Jungkook, I'm going to check this apartment out with you to see if it's really what you deserve." he said as he disappeared from the kitchen and into the hall.

I just sat there dumbfounded.
I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding back.
I placed a hand at my chest.
My heart was pounding.
I glanced at Mrs. Lee.

She had the most warmest smile I've ever seen.
I couldn't help but smile back.

"Jungkook, you don't want to keep him waiting. Go on and get dressed, me and Eunri will take care of the plates."

I bowed my thanks and quickly made it to my room and got changed as fast as I could.

Ah geez...
I can't stop smiling like an idiot now.

I'm finally going to do something of my own now.
And I honestly can't wait.

Heh...

So I really wasn't a burden.
I knew it.

Well, not really.

But deep down...

I guess some part of me knew.

----------------------------------

We made it to the apartment building at last. It was quite a walk but thank goodness that the weather wasn't so hot.

"An apartment near Haeundae Beach? You've got good taste son." said Mr. Lee from behind me.

"I love the beach. It reminds me of the few lchildhood memories I had." I said taking a long hard look at the sea's horizon to my right.