Chapter 24: The Chase

The squad car bounced and bumped as we drove through late night New Hampshire. Several sirens were following us and multiple people stuck their heads out of their houses to see the chase. The squad cars were gaining on us. We had to do something.
"Edward! We have to lose them!" I looked at him as he was concentrating on driving. He began sweating. How we're we going to lose them? His eyes then lit up and he smirked.
"Scott,  hold on!" I grabbed the handle above the door and gripped my seat as he swerved into a narrow alley and sped down it. I jumped as the rear view mirrors we're shattered. We slid out of the the other side and sped off, losing the cops. Edward fist pumped the air as he whooped in excitement.
"WOOO HOO HOO! Yea-haha!" his face lit up as he sped down the road towards Freddy's.

~30 Minutes Later~

I shut the door to the squad car and walked towards the destroyed entrance of Freddy's. Edward was behind me lugging the old suit. He looked like he was struggling.
"Is it heavy Ed?" I asked him sympathetically. He looked at me and shook his head.
"Nah, I got it man. Thanks though." he gave me a slight smile. Something seemed up. We got to the entrance and I looked back and he continued to look to my left, as if trying to tell me something but couldn't speak. I look to my left and I get tackled by none other than William.
"Gah! There you are! I found you. Going back to old roots eh?" Will spoke as he had me pinned to the ground. Edward just stood there with his jaw dropped.
"Well? Open the damn suit you clumsy fool" he gestured at Edward and was snapping his fingers. Edward shakily began unhinging and unwinding the suit.
"William! Don't do this!" I screamed at him. He started laughing manically.
"Why not Scott? Edward's on my side. He told me you whole plan. You were gonna stuff me in that thing, weren't you? Don't lie to me Scott, or it will be painful." he stared into my soul as I told him the truth. His eyes lit up and then he stood.
"I knew it...let me guess, some ghosts kids wanted this so their souls would rest? Is that the truth too?!" he swung his foot into my gut, grunting. He kept kicking me and Edward stood there, watching. I looked between Will's legs as he was hitting me and I saw Michael. When I looked at Edward, he had the suit open upright and unhinged, awaiting a partner.
"We were supposed to be friends! Trust each other! What i did, was for the good of the company!" he continued to kick me.  I started coughing up blood. He stopped kicking and stepped over me, wiping sweat off his forehead. Michael stomped forward. And in his robotic voice, he spoke.
"Hello father. It's me, Michael." he clenched his metallic fists and sprinted towards him. Edward dove out of the way as Michael shoved William Afton into the spare Golden Freddy suit...