Chapter 16: Uncovering the Truth

People keep messaging me asking what happened to Edward. This chapter is all about whether or not he survived the fire. Let's hope he did.

I could smell smoke filling the pizzeria. I tried to stand and couldn't. The fire was spreading quickly. All around me was a crackling sound and flames danced on the walls and floor.
Ugh, Afton. I'll get that son-of-a-bitch.
I finally was able to stand and I attempted to peer through the smoke. It wasn't easy, but I found the exit and limped towards it. I was about 15 feet from the exit and I heard a cracking sound. Suddenly, the floor fell out from under me and I fell.

~A few minutes later~

I sat up and looked around quickly, gathering my bearings. I was in what seemed like an exact copy of Freddy's stage area. But, it wasn't Freddy's. Above the stage, a sign read, "Circus Baby's Pizza World".
What is this place?
On the stage were four pedestals. Each pedestal had a name on the base. The first one said, "Circus Baby". To the left of that said, "Funtime Freddy". To the right of Baby's pedestal was, "Funtime Foxy". And behind all of them said, "Ballora".
What is all this?
It was at this point that I remembered,
This is all UNDER Freddy's.
I kept staring at the empty pedestals, wondering what went there. Or who. I looked up and saw Freddy's being burned to the ground. And that's when I saw the roof collapse. It began to fall into Circus Baby's Pizza World. I scrambled out of the way just as the old ceiling fell in, the drop extinguishing the flames. I was breathing heavily.
I have to get out of here.
I looked around for an exit or something useful. I didn't see anything. And then I saw someone. The man quickly ran out of sight. I followed him.
"Sir! Come back! I need help!" I called. The man stopped and turned around. The man was scrawny. He looked like a toothpick. He was slightly bent over and mumbling.
"A-Afton... he... he will come back.... he always does..." I heard him say. William?
"William Afton, sir?" I said, walking closer. He backed away.
"N-No! M-Michael... Michael A-Afton... he... I... we have to go... f-follow me..." he spun around and ran towards the back wall. I quickly followed him. He led us into what seemed like a backroom and I saw it all...