Mask Taken Off First Time

Useless.  That's how people described Daehyun and Jongup.  Daehyun was smart, but he refused to participate in class like a good student.  He doesn't answer to teacher's question.  He doesn't help other students who wanted him to tutor them.  He doesn't like leadership and responsibilities.

Jongup wasn't smart, but he tried hard to study a lot but no matter how much he tried, he doesn't get good results.  His grades were always barely passing.  Not just in his studies but in other things as well like class presentation, speech and etc.  He would try hard and practice a lot but the result would never be good enough.

Weird.  Because Daehyun always had a mask covering practically half of his face.  Because Jongup always smiled no matter what the situation was.

They received their grades for the second quarter.  Daehyun had high grades in all of his subjects; however, he had a failing mark for his leadership skills and attitude.  He was starting to consider transferring to a school where they don't have to grade leadership skills and attitude.  On the other hand, Jongup sighed at his barely passing grades once again.

For the second time, Daehyun saw Jongup wasn't smiling.  Jongup probably thought that nobody was around like the first time Daehyun saw him not smiling.  Back then, Jongup practiced dancing alone in the in the dance studio.  Jongup wasn't smiling.  Instead, he looked very focused and full of charisma unlike the smiling dork he usually was.

"Disappointed with the grades?"  Daehyun's voice was clear and easy to understand despite the mask over his mouth.  After wearing the mask for so long, he actually managed to master how to talk properly with it.

Jongup's smile was back up on his face again.  "Yeah but at least they're all passing grades."

Daehyun didn't like the smile on Jongup's face right now so he took off his mask and placed it on Jongup.  "You shouldn't smile when you're sad.  It looks weird."  When Daehyun walked away, he took out his large handkerchief and wrapped it around the lower part of his face to replace the mask he had given to Jongup.

Jongup allowed himself to frown in disappointment of his grades behind the mask.

To be continued...

A/N:  I apologize that it's short chapter but the next chapter will be a bit longer... by a few words XD!!! I promise things will get more interesting in the next chapter.  Don't forget to leave comments! ^^