Chapter 31

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Jenna is this close to chewing on her fake Prada heels. I slowly calmed myself down and continued typing notes on my laptop.

"Charlie! Hey, Charlie!!" Jenna whispered as loudly as she dared. I ignored her for a while. Suddenly, a balled up note hit me on my temple and fell on my desk. I looked over my shoulder and stared daggers at Jenna who looked devoid of any guilt. She kept motioning me to read her note. Argh, the exasperating little bitch! I snatched the note and opened it up. I smoothed the crumpled paper and began to read.

'Caleb and that swimmer are dating! Like, seriously! Look it up online! It's trending like crazy!'

I frowned. I glanced at Jenna who looked plenty proud of herself that she made me wanna kill her. I felt like tearing out her cheap weave and slapping her stupid with it. I wrote a reply and threw it back at her, using all my strength. I have broad shoulders and strong arms from little league baseball. So, imagine my pleasure when the balled up note hit her rather hard, squarely on her post-op nose...deviated septum my ass..

She stared at me like she wanted to kill me as she opened the note.

'Get a life!' It saidI smiled to myself as I imagined Janet seething at the note. I sneaked a look at her and saw her clench her teeth. But suddenly she smiled. I frowned but ignored her.

When the class ended, I walked out and suddenly Jenna blocked me. I stopped abruptly and rolled my eyes at her. This bitch is just so...argh!

"You can act all smug and not believe me, but seriously Caleb deserves someone hotter than you. And that Cassie is that someone. You're just a fat bitch who got lucky. Caleb knew better now." Jenna said smugly and sashayed off before I could wring her neck. 

I stomped off to the nearest cafe and bought a sandwich and juice for lunch. As I sat alone at one of the tiny tables, I could feel eyes staring at me. I sneaked a peek and sure enough a group of guys were looking at me and talking. I ignored them.

"Excuse me. You're Charlie, right?" Someone spoke suddenly. I looked up. It was one of the guys who were looking at me before.

"Yeah." I said warily, waiting for him to display his stupidity. He will,I'm sure of it. And thankfully I didn't have to wait long because suddenly, he leaned in and said in his own version of a husky sexy drawl.

"Well, hey Charlie. What do you say if we go see a movie or something? I mean, now that you're broken up with Caleb, maybe-" Suddenly I grabbed his colar and hissed to his face.

"If you don't get away from my face, I will shove this sandwich up your chute....got that?!" I said threateningly and pushed him away from me. He was very shaken to say the least.

"Well, on second thought, I was just messing around. I'm not wasting my time with some fat ass bitch." He made a lame attempt at insulting me. I shrugged it off. Fat ass bitch? Meh, that was weak. Not like I haven't heard of that before. I ignored the staring eyes and casually ate my sandwich. Inside, I was torn between ripping everybody's head off or running and hiding under a rock. As I ate casually, I fiddled with my phone. I googled for Caleb's name and thousands of matches came up. And most of them had Cassie's name as well. I clicked on one and read.

'The 2020 USA Olympic Swim Team had a riot of a time in Disneyworld after their win for the Steinhem Foundation International Swimming Competition.
'....New American Sweethearts Caleb Matthews and Cassie Andrews found time to relax and enjoy each other's company. The pair is rumoured to be dating and are caught countless time alone and away from their teammates during their time in Florida....'

And look, there are even pictures of them having fun..how nice..

how nice