Chapter 1

I kicked off my shoes and laid back. Summer has just started and I was already antsy. I thought about getting a summer job, but I didn't know what kind of job I wanted to do.  I sighed as I sat up and tied my hair up in a bun. My neck was starting to get sweaty. 

"Hey Charlie! What's up?" I heard a familiar voice and sat up. Dara! I smiled widely and scrambled to my feet to greet my best friend. We hugged each other and squealed happily. I totally missed her since  I saw her a few months ago. Dara's studying in a university in Boston while I'm studying in University of Washington.

"When did you get here?!" I asked her when we broke apart. Dara looked different. She was slimmer and happier. She also dyed her hair blonde. Hmm, something's up.

"About an hour ago. I have to settle some stuff and all. So, how've you been! You look good!" Dara said with a huge smile on her lips. That's Dara. No matter how much she's changed physically, she is still the nice, bubbly Dara.

"Oh stop! I look exactly the same as I usually look. You , on the other hand...what's up with the hair? And the cutesy dresses?....Did somebody got herself a boyfriend??" I said with a teasing smile.

Dara blushed and pushed my shoulder. I laughed and pulled her to sit on the swing. We sat on the swing and Dara started telling me about a new guy she's dating. Apparently he's a medical student. And rich. And smart. And gorgeous. And sexy as fuck..her words, not mine. It's good that things are getting better for Dara. She and her brother Caleb are orphans. They only have each other. Caleb and Dara have been working all through high school and have managed to scrape enough money to get by. It was fortunate Dara won a scholarship. They used to live with their grandma, but she passed away about a year ago.  So Dara and Caleb only have each other. And me. It's lucky that my family accepted them as part of the family.

"Have you seen Caleb? I haven't seen him at home." Dara asked. 

"Hmm, come to think of it, I haven't seen him in months. I heard he won a scholarship too, right? Which campus?" I asked. 

"I can't remember. There were a few choices. I dunno which one he chose." Dara shrugged her shoulder.

"So, you're getting a summer job? I'm thinking of getting one. I could use the money. " Dara said as she swung her legs.

"Yep, I am. Just not sure what kind of job to do." I said

"Urgh, I'm parched. Let's go have a cold drink at the cafe." Dara said and I agreed. We got up from the swing and walked towards the Cafe Bella nearby.

At the cafe, we ordered cokes and some pastry stuff. As we were eating and catching up, I felt the hair on my neck stood up and prickled my neck. 

"Hey gorgeous!" Somebody spoke into my ear, making me jump. When I turned around to see who it was, Dara screamed her head off and squealed as she hugged the stranger. I looked at them in confusion. A guy was hugging Dara. When they pulled away, a pair of piercing hazel eyes rested on mine and the stranger gave a crooked smile. What?! WHoah! 

"Caleb?" I sputtered.

"The one and only. How're you doing Charlie?" Caleb spoke and I stared.

***************************************************************************************

Okay, done with chapter 1. So, read, comment and like the chapter if you want too. Will update next chapter soon! Thanx!