Chapter 4~ Work

~ Time Skip ~
- After You've Met All The Staff -
< Not Including Kaneki Cause He Ain't Part Of The Staff Yet .-. >
---------------------------------------------

The manager gave me a job as a part time waitress at the cafe.
I know they are all ghouls..
They know about me as well..

Surprisingly they are okay with me being here.
They even said I can share an apartment with Touka upstairs!!
Well, she asked if I could.
Which was nice of her.

My thoughts were interrupted by Touka.

"y/n! Please make this order and serve it to that elderly couple over there?" Touka handed me a small paper.

What was written on the list:

1 Strawberry CheeseCake
2 Sweetened Coffees

Wow this couple sure have a sweet tooth..
I turn to look at the old couple and they were holding hands at their table.
"Awwww.." I said as Touka poked me on my nose.

"y/n you might wanna get with their orders."
"R-Right!"
I walked behind the counter and started to make the coffee and put it in the brewer. Letting that do it's job, I started on the cake.
I was never taught how to make cakes, or cook at all to be quite honest, but I somehow just did it. Like I wasn't in full control. I just did what felt like I should've done.

I somehow was able to finish the coffee and the cake in no time!
I made a regular cheesecake and cut strawberries to place carefully on top, making it look like a flower.
----------------------------------------------

(    XD the pic above is the cake   )----------------------------------------------I walked over to the couple with a tray and placed the cake and coffees onto their table

( XD the pic above is the cake )
----------------------------------------------
I walked over to the couple with a tray and placed the cake and coffees onto their table. Then cut the cake into slices evenly for both of them.

"Thank you very much young lady! It smells awfully delicious!" I bowed, said enjoy, and took the tray back to the counter.
I can hear the couple talking about how great the cake and coffee tasted and how well the flavors worked so well with each other.

"How did you learn to cook so well?!" Touka asked shocked at the couple eating with pure happiness.
I just shrugged.
"I'll be right back Touka, I need to go to the restroom real quick." I said. She nodded and headed straight to the restroom.

Touka' POV

----------------------------------------------
The bell above the door rang.
"Welcome to Anteiku!" I said with a welcoming smile.

Two boys walked. One with orange hair and the other boy with black hair.

"Oh! Hello Hide. Kaneki." I greeted.
They both waved and sat at their usual table. I could hear their conversation.

"Hey Hide.."
"Yeah?"
"What's that amazing smell?"
They both sniffed the air like dogs and turned to the old couple.
"Hide..that cake reallly looks good.." Kaneki said drooling a bit.
I laughed at the sight of him eating and enjoying y/n's cake.

"Ask Touka if you can get it. I'll pay."
"R-Really?!"
"Of course"

I heard my name and decided to walk over to them, although I already know what he was gonna ask.

"Hey..um..Touka can I get the same cake as that couple over there?.. I didn't know you guys had those cakes here.." I smiled at him.

"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't make that."
"W-what?! Then..who did?"
He said his eyes widening.

Your POV
----------------------------------------------

I walked back down stairs and opened the door only to see Touka point directly at me.
"She made it."
Touka stated.
I saw two boys sitting at the table. One with orange hair and one with black hair.

"..U-Umm.." I stutter. "Who made what now?.." I tilt my head in confusion.
"She made the couples order." She said again, still pointing at me.

"O-Oh!! So you made the cake!?" The black haired boy asked standing up out of his seat.

"Y-Yeah.." I nodded scratching my cheek nervously.

"Please make one of them for me!"
He ask and then bows.

"S-Sure!" I quickly say and rush over to the counter to start cooking.
All three of them watched in amazement as I repeated to same steps I did with the other cake.
"Would you like some coffee as well?" I asked the two males.
They both nodded and I started the coffee.

"There!"
I placed the cake and the two coffees down on their table.
"Wow..this looks even better then it smells...!" The orange haired boy said.
I scratched my cheek sheepishly.
"Heh..thank you. This actually was my first day on the job as well as cooking something.." they gasped as they both took a small bite of the cake.
"ITS DELICIOUS!!" They said at the same time.

A/N
Sorry Chapter is short I kinda felt lazy 😪