Chapter Fourteen

I remember last night.

Being in Scott's arms is something that I will never forget, especially since his scent lingered on me afterwards. This had to be the third time that Scott had taken me home due to me falling asleep. The sleepless night were catching up to me.

Now here I sit in Chemistry. Surprisingly spawn of Satan still isn't in school, so Ms. Blake stands in front of our class as a cover. "Good morning. As you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing... I mean, sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay, so let's get started, shall we?" Smooth Ms. Blake.

Scott sits next to me while Stiles sits behind us, the boredom is getting to me until Stiles speaks, "Hey, my dad said that the E.R. attending wasn't strangled but did die from asphyxiation. They just don't know how."

I turn to look at the boy in utter confuse, my eyebrows raised. "What the heck did I miss?"

Stiles waves his hand at me like it didn't matter, "Not much, but you need to start using your wolf hearing more." He states, telling me off like I am a two year old that just stole a cookie from the jar up at the top of the fridge. I stick my tongue out at him, being mature and all.

"Do you think the on-call doctor could still be alive?" Scott asks with hope in his voice. Surprisingly, I have hope too, but only a little. Damn this boy.

"I don't know... But, there's got to be at least 20 other doctors in that hospital... at least, you know? Any one of them could be next." Stiles states as we turn back around to the front again.

I hear the vibrating of a phone and turn my head slightly to look at Scott answer his phone. "Hey, doc. Sorry, I'm in class right now. Can I call you back later?"

"Unfortunately, no. I honestly thought I might never have to burden you like this, but I'm afraid, at the moment, you're my only hope. I'm going to be taken. I need you to find me."

My blood went cold and my head became dizzy. Deaton, the only family I have left and he is going to be taken.

-------------------

My heart hits against my rib cage as the three of us burst into Deaton's vet. Dad and other officers already there searching the grounds. "How did you know?" Scott asks in confusion as to why the cops were here.

"Stiles called me as soon as you left school. I'm sorry. Your boss's car is still here, and the back door was wide open. Scott... I need you to tell me everything."

I take a seat, my stomach turning as my head becomes dizzy. Tears form in my eyes. The amount of times I've cried is unbelievable, I was trained to be strong and hide my emotions, now I'm nothing but a cry baby.

Dad kneels in front of me, wiping a loose tear away from my cheek as he looks at me with soft eyes. "Don't worry, I'll find him," the hope in his voice makes me believe that he will. I have faith in the Sheriff, I always have. I nod slowly, a small smile forming on my lips as he gets up and walks over to the other officers. Scott sits next to me, taking my hand in his he offers me a smile. "We'll find him."

I hope so.

Standing up, we walk back over to the sheriff who speaks, "All right, we're doing everything we can. Right now, the best thing you can do is go back to school." I sigh while Stiles pushing us into a storage closet to talk.

"We have to tell him." Scott states as soon as the door shuts. Stiles and I both stare at him, "You mean, like, tell him, tell him, or tell him something else that isn't telling him what I think you want to tell him?"