Chapter Thirteen

Never in my life have I seen a hospital this busy until now.

Pushing through the doors to beacon hills hospital, I was met with the sight of many doctors and nurses rushing around with multiple patients and people in pain.

Scott had text to come as soon as possible. Hospitals weren't really my thing but I came anyway since he said it was important. It seemed it when I notice the look on his face while he is talking to his mum. I walk up to them and place a hand on Melissa's shoulder, "Hey Melissa." She smiles at me as she hugs me. It had been a while since I had seen the women in person and I didn't realize how much I missed her until now. "What's going on?" I ask, concern and worry written all over her face. "Is everything okay?"

Scott grins at me as does his mum while I raise my eyebrows. "Scott literally just asked the same thing." Melissa says with a laugh before continuing, the humor dying down in her voice. "Except for half the accident victims in a ten car pile-up being rerouted here from downtown, and the E.R. attending not answering any of his pages, yeah, I'm okay."

I raise my eyebrows in question, "No one can find him?" Melissa looks surprised at my knowledge on pages at the hospital. I only knew this because my adoptive mother worked as a nurse when she wasn't out hunting. Family still needs to eat sometimes and the bills had to be paid.

She nods her head at me, "So now we have to wait for the on call to get here."

Melissa's attention turned to a patient who had asked for help. "Excuse me, can I kind of please have something for the pain?"

Melissa looks upset when she shakes her head, "Okay, I'm sorry. I know. But, actually, giving you something could complicate things, so we really just need to wait for the doctors. Okay?"

The women nods her head, tears streaming down her face due to pain. I could feel it off her, it was upsetting. I look to Scott and he nods his head as he goes over to the patient. I turn to look at Melissa, "When did you hear from the on call doctor?"

Melissa shrugs, "How much longer on Dr. Hilyard?" She shouts to a nurse at the desk.

"Ten minutes."

Melissa sighs, shaking her head and walking to another patient. I watch as Scott holds onto the patient in pain, taking her pain away. I smile at him as I continue to watch. He looks up at me and smiles as well, glad that he can help the patient.

Suddenly, the moment is ruined when I hear a familiar voice in the hospital. "Someone.... Someone help me! Oh, I need help!" Scott and I both look to see Ethan holding Danny who is in extreme pain.

What the fuck did he do...

-------------

With the help of Scott and I, we were able to place Danny onto a bed as he continued to struggle for breath.

"What did you do to him?" Scott snaps at Ethan who only shakes his head, fear in his eyes due to the state Danny is in. Maybe he did actually care...

"Nothing. He said he was having chest pains and trouble breathing, but it... it just kept getting worse." Ethan says to us. I didn't hear what Melissa said because Danny quickly moves to the side, coughing up a white substance. My eyes widen at the content.

"Mistletoe." Scott and I whisper at once.

"Can you three please go back to the waiting room?" Melissa asks, I shake my head, ready to give my answer when Ethan speaks. "Where are the nurses and the doctors? Where is everyone?"

Melissa stares the boy down as she speaks, "It's a full house tonight. They're tending to other patients."

I take a look at Danny and notice what is happening to him, hearing his heartbeat go crazy. "His lung is collapsed... His heart is being pushed against his chest cavity..." I mutter, the three of them giving me a strange look. "What? I'm studying biology..." I state.