Chapter Seven.

_____________________________________

ELENA SAT IN THE drivers' seat of her brothers truck, waiting for him to get out of practice. Ever since the crash, the twins had to share a car whilst Elena's beloved Jeep got repaired. She saw Will exit the school, one strap of his backpack hoisted over his shoulder. Jake followed soon after, holding a basketball to his side and calling after Will, which Elena could not hear due to the windows being rolled up. She started the car and rolled down the windows so she could hear their conversation. 

     "I got into Duke." She heard Will say, a smile erupting across her face. 

     She wanted to jump out of the truck and hug him, but then he said: "Um, but no scholarship." 

     Her smile faltered and she got out of the car anyways. 

     "What do you mean no scholarship?" she questioned, closing the car door and walking over to the two boys. 

     "So, I'm gonna be paying sixty-three grand." Will took off his backpack. "Which may as well be sixty-three million."

     Elena's jaw dropped. She could only think about how she would drop everything to help pay for him to be able to attend Duke. She cared more than anything about Will's happiness, and she knew Will had worked his ass off to even get accepted into Duke. The least she could do was start him off with something, and she planned to do just that.  

     "Did you tell your dad?" Jake asked after Will tossed his backpack into the back of his truck. 

     "Not yet." Will sighs. "He'll never co-sign for student loans, so that's it. I'm never getting out of here." 

     "No, Will, that's not it. You know that," Elena promised, grabbing his bicep and lightly rubbing her thumb across the fabric of his jacket. 

      "She's right." Jake pointed at Elena approvingly. "You know, if you ever need fast cash for tuition, there is another option. We can finish what Tyler and Nina started."

     Elena rolled her eyes at Jake's suggestion, although she knew that it was an option. She noticed Will look around cautiously as he made sure no one else was listening in. 

     "Blackmail?" Will whispered. "We're finally in the clear and you want to dive back in?"

     "We are still in the clear," Jake reassured, holding steady eye contact with Will. "This guy has no idea who we are. And we have Elena here to be a little distraction for him." Jake winks at his twin sister, ruffling her hair. 

     Elena frowns and fixes her hair as Will stares incredulously at Jake. 

     "We don't even have the video." Will shakes his head. "It's on Nina's laptop."

     "There may be another copy," Jake smirked, making Elena roll her eyes and give him a gentle shove. 

     "I knew you didn't delete everything," Will scoffs.