Chapter Four - 'Yes rhanj uou fofn bribhing me home.'

Start from the beginning

A whole crowd of people were complimenting you, don't play this game. Instead of cutting his ass, I smiled.

"Yeah. They're nearly twice the size of you guys, but you almost won."

Jae Shin patted next to him and I sat down. We both stared at the empty pitch. The field was a vibrant forest green before, but now parts of it dug up where people got tackled and scrummed.

"You worried me in the beginning."

He let out a scoff and turned his head to me, "You have nothing to worry about. You really think I would be taken out that fast?"

"I mean, it happens."

He smiled and shrugged, "Hopefully you won't see that happen to me. I'll be more careful now, okay?"

Jae Shin's eyes seemed to glisten in the sunlight, his pupils slightly dilated because of it. That's probably how he got his rugby name. His eyes are so beautiful and piercing. He had a bit of mud on his cheek that contrasted his sun-kissed skin and his clothes were also muddy. I wiped away the mud on his cheek with my thumb.

For a second, I thought he leaned in to say something. Instead, he coughed in his arm and looked back at the pitch. "Are you going to the drink up later?"

"I would, but I need to catch up on sleep."

He seemed disappointed, "You'd rather sleep than party?"

"I'd rather sleep than do a lot of things." I shot him a small smile and got up, "It's best if I do that now. I'll see you later."

He hesitated but waved at me. I went up to my rookie sisters and started walking back to the dorms with them.

"Are you guys going to the drink up?" I asked.

Clari and Jazz nodded, "Wanna head over together?"

"I'm gonna go sleep."

They both narrowed their eyes at me, "No the hell you're not!"

"Bu-"

"You better be ready in two hours."

I knew I couldn't resist, they'd personally come and get me. I walked back to my dorm and set my alarm for an hour. The least I can do is take a quick nap.

--

We arrived at the rugby house. Even when we were a block away, we heard the loud music. We walked onto the porch and opened the door. I took my jacket off and left it in the closet.

"We're gonna get some beer."

"Alright."

I yawned and started walking around. Some of the team said hi to me while others were preoccupied with other things. I instantly felt bored and went downstairs to get a beer.

The music was blasting everywhere. I didn't mind partying, but I felt like this was an inconvenience right now. I only wanted to sleep.

It was a little dark since the purple UV lights slightly illuminated the basement. The bright paint splatters on the walls partially brought everything to life. Green, red and blue lights danced everywhere. Downstairs was always more alive than upstairs. I spotted the keg and walked over to it.