Chapter Fifteen: Do You Truly Wish to Leave Fairy Tail?

By the time Kira and Brandon went back to meet up with the others, Lucy was in the middle, crying her eyes out.

"Oh," Kira sighed. "I guess we missed the motivational speech."

"Kira!" Erza ran up to her, smacking her arm with a lot of force. "Cana told me what you did! I didn't know you were that strong."

"First of all, ow," Kira said, rubbing her new bruise. "And second, I didn't know I could do it. It just happened. And let me guess; you're the one who beat the last member of Element 4?"

Erza grinned. "Just barely," she admitted. "But -- Master!" Erza cut herself off and quickly ran to console Master, who also suddenly began to cry.

"I wonder what he's thinking about," Kira mused aloud.

"He's probably just thinking about what the Council will do to him," a cheerful voice said from behind her.

"Mirajane!" Kira turned around quickly to see the white-haired mage run over to her. 

"Thank you for stopping the light from destroying our guild," Mirajane said. "I saw what happened. You're a very powerful wizard. Fairy Tail is lucky to have you on its side."

"Thanks, but I couldn't stop it in time." Kira absentmindedly glanced back at the half-destroyed guild.

"Oh, it's alright," Mirajane said, waving her hand as if Kira were being silly. "We were thinking of renovating the guild anyways, but never actually got around to it. Now we have no reason to not do so." She then looked behind Kira. "Oh, and thank you too, Brandon," she added. "Your help is very appreciated. It's a shame you were dragged into this mess on your first week."

"Um, actually, I was talking about this with Kira." When Kira turned around, she saw Brandon smile at them. "I realized that this isn't the place for me."

"WHAT?"

Erza finally stepped away from Master, marching up to Brandon. "Listen up here, you!" she roared, jabbing a finger into his chest. "I know what your relationship with Kira was, alright? And even after knowing that, I think you're being a dumbass for trying to leave this guild. Do you not understand why we just went through this battle? It was to show Phantom that --"

"Erza," Kira interrupted, causing Erza to surprisingly back away from him.

The angry mage stepped away from Brandon, her anger now directed towards someone else. "And as for you, Kira," she began. "I get what he is to you, but I don't think --"

"Was," Kira corrected, smiling. "What he was to me. And Brandon and I have talked about this already. The both of us think it's best if he goes back to Jiara."

For a while, Erza just gaped at her, stunned, along with everyone else. It seemed as if none of them had noticed anyone go against Erza before. Finally, Erza spoke again.

"I suppose . . . if you two think it's best. . . ."

The entire crowd went into pandemonium as Erza succumbed to what her opponent wished.

"Erza . . . stepped down!" 

"She admits defeat!"

"What is this?"

"SHUT UP!"

With two words and three blows, everyone quieted down, those closest to Erza slightly stepping away from her. Erza glared at everyone with menacing eyes until she finally came back to meet Brandon's eyes.

"Well, then I suppose we'll have to do the official farewell," she told him cheerfully. "Please step forward."

Brandon meekly stepped forward as everyone tried their best to not comment on Erza's sudden mood change.