Chapter Two: Welcome Back, Titania

By the time Kira returned from her job, Erza had also returned.

Kira watched said person quietly as everyone fell silent at Erza's sweeping glare. Many people quickly glanced back down, but Kira kept her gaze, until she and Erza were now making eye contact.

Only the newbie, whose name was Lucy, seemed confused, and Kira saw Natsu whisper into her ear. Kira smirked, crossing her arms over her chest. "Welcome back, Titania," she said while smiling.

The scarlet-haired female didn't respond, instead turning to face Gray and Natsu. As soon as she began talking, the spell was broken, and it was loud in the guild again. However, it was clear from everyone's expressions that they were all thinking about one thing: the day Erza and Kira had first met. Even Kira reminisced about that day as she leaned back in her seat, closing her eyes.

"So, you're the newcomer? Kayla Toss? The one who said she didn't trust the guild she just joined on her own?"

Kira turned to face the female who had spoken to her. She had scarlet hair and full body armor. Her whole body gave off auras of power and respect, something Kira also wanted to reflect. There was no doubt as to who this person was.

"It's Kira Toth," Kira corrected flatly. "But the answer is yes to the other questions. You're Erza Scarlet, right? Titania? I've read about you a few times in the Weekly Sorcerer."

"Why are you here?"

"I'm not sure I understand your question."

"If you don't trust us, why are you here?" Titania glared at Kira angrily. "I don't know why Master's letting you stay. We don't need people like you here, no matter how strong or weak you are."

"Is that so?" Kira said smoothly, trying not to show how intimidated she felt by the seventeen year-old. "Well, it's a shame you're not the Master, then."

Before Erza could reply, a white-haired, Gothic-looking teenager burst through the doors of the guild. 

"Erza, I heard you're back! I have your strawberry cake here that I'll throw to the ground and step on over and over again if you don't come and fight me right now."

Erza promptly raised a finger at Kira's face. "This conversation isn't over," she hissed before running to attack who looked like Mirajane Strauss.

Ever since then, there was always tension in the air when the two of them found themselves in the same room. Only three days after that, Mirajane had come back from a job completely changed, and the rivalry between those two had turned to the rivalry between Erza and Kira, although they went for verbal, rather than physical, fights.

Which was why Kira was quite glad when she found out Erza was leaving on a quest so soon. As a bonus, Natsu, Gray and Lucy were following as well. Kira didn't have a big problem with the last two, but she was always slightly wary of Natsu, whether she would admit it or not. She knew how readily the Fire Dragon Slayer would set himself on fire, and that always reminded her of Brandon.

Kira took a shaky inhale of breath and let it out slowly. Brandon was just a thing of her past, someone whom she she would never see again. Brandon was not Natsu, and Natsu was not Brandon. Besides, even if Brandon did pop up, she would be able to handle him. If she could stand up to S-Class wizards from Fairy Tail, she could stand up to anybody. Of course, there was the fact that she lost to both of them when it came to physical fights, but that was besides the point.