Chapter 1

Picture of Jody Smith.

The heavy movement on my bed breaks me out of my dreams. I turn my head to see my little sister moving through my draw. I quickly move my body to stop her.

"What are you doing in my draws?" I ask her closing them.

"Looking for a shirt to wear for school today."

"Oh. My shirts are in the baskets over there." I point to the baskets that contain our clothes.

"Why don't you want me going through your draws. Do you have condoms in there." I let out a cough and look at her big eyed.

"What do you know about condoms. Your not ready to know about those things Jay." I sternly say. My sisters name is Janae but I call her Jay for short.

"I'm 13 for Christ's sacks, I do get to know what a condom is Jo." she huffs.

"Well think of it in your mind don't say it in front of me. I don't like you using that word in front of me. I still need to think that your innocent." I really need my sister to be as innocent as she can be.

"Ok sis." she assures me. "What were you dreaming of last night. You were crying." she inquires after a few seconds.

"It was just a nightmare nothing much. You know ghosts and what not." I lie. I always lie about what I dream of. I would never want my little sis to know the horrifying things I dream of at night. Those were my little secrets.

"Jay go get ready for school. I'll make breakfast." she gives me a little nod and rushes to the bathroom.

I head down stairs to make breakfast. 20 minutes later Jay comes through the kitchen door all dressed up for school. This is the first time she is in the same school with me just another building. I hate having her in my mess of a life. I keep her separated so she never sees anything that might haunt her but she kept bugging me so I said yes this time because I couldn't take the begging anymore. I wont keep her in the school for long. Two weeks and that's it. I had eaten my breakfast already so I went to get ready myself for school.

After bathing I put on my black skinny jeans and grey t shirt with my favorite black jacket and knee high boots. I was just about to leave the room when I remembered my tools. I rushed to my draw and removed the top draw. I push the button right at the back and another compartment appeared. I grabbed two knives and put them in my boot after I grab my gun and put it in my side bag. Didn't want it visible to anyone. I closed the secret compartment and replace the draw.

I go to the kitchen to find my sister all ready have eaten. We walk out the door together she getting on my bike.

"I hate your bike. Can't I just take bus up the road." she inquires.

"Sure, but tomorrow." I mumble.

"Thanks." she hugs me tighter.

We reach the school in less than ten minutes. We climb of my bike and I take her hand. We walk to the school entrance ignoring the small stares from the other students. This is what I hate about being the new girl. There are always people watching you and weird kids trying to be friends with you. I always rejected but this time since I was on my last job I wanted to make one or two friends so my sister could see me as normal. I enter the school hallways and my sister and I separate ways for her to go to the other side of the building where the juniors stayed. I hope she makes new friends. Talking about new friends I had to find myself one. My eyes skim through the  many student in the hallway looking for one who would fit my image as a friend. I spot one girl all on her own reading her a book. I was just about to go up to her when two partially dressed girls walked up to her and whispered something in her ears. A humongous smile forms on her face and she walks alone with the two girls.