Chapter Five - New Friends

"I'm sorry, did the ball hit anyone?" The guy asked as he looked at both me and Adam.

"No, it didn't." I replieed as I looked at him, and then I looked at Adam and he looked a bit angry because the ball nearly hit his face.

"Actually the ball nearly hit my face." Adam said as he stood up, please don't tell me he's going to start a fight.

"Really? I'm sorry dude, it was an accident." The guy explained as he looked at Adam. He seems like a nice guy, Adam shouldn't really start a fight with him.

"It's okay, I understand." Adam responded back after the silence filled the place, good this is what I like about Adam.

"Cool, by the way my name is Zain nice to meet you." He introduced himself.

"My name is Adam and he's Ismael." Adam replied as they both shook their hands, well that's what men do, they don't give hugs like girls all the time haha just kidding, but I'm sure that's what girls do, even men do that but differently.

"Are you guys always togather?" Zain asked as he looked at both of us.

"Yes we are always togather, we are friend after all, erm... would you like to join us?" I said as I looked at him and gave a warm smile.

"Of course... that would be cool... alright then see you guys tomorrow at lunch time." He replied.

"Okay." I said as he left, even though he's not muslim doesn't mean we can't be friends and he seems like a nice guy. Me and Adam both sat and then we started to finish our lunch... even though I don't want to eat I think I will have to force myself because it might seem mean if I don't eat it. Come on I can do it. I took a bite and chewed it slowly.

"Does it taste that bad?" Adam asked.

"No it's just... I don't like black pepper." I replied with a sigh.

"What's wrong? Is there something bothering you?" He asked. You know Adam sometimes is full of questions.

"Well... there's I suppose... do you remember Khadija?" I asked as I gave him a serious look, Adam used to play with us when we were young and some girl I think her name was... Nadia.

"Oh, the girl that you fell in love with. Khadija the one we used to play with when we were little kids." He remembered.

"There's a better way of saying it." I exclaimed.

"Sorry it's just so funny... I mean of course when you started falling in love with her." Oh my... he still remembers it.

"Forget it." I demanded.

"No please tell me I won't say a word." He begged. Ha I know how to make him curious of something.

"Okay... basically what happened is when I left she got into... a car accident and... now she doesn't remember anything from the past not even me. The worst thing is we are getting married and I think she doesn't like the idea because she doesn't know me... she doesn't remember me... to her I'm just a past that she does not recall." I explained as I looked at him. This seems really sad.

"So you're giving up?" He asked with a smirk on his face. "You can't do this man... I mean do you remember how much you loved her? And how you wanted to be an artist just to draw her... and now you're just going to give up just because she rejected you."

"What should I do? I can't do anything about it, it's Allah's will." I replied. it's not like I can do anything about it.

"Make her fall in love with you, I'm sure she will remember you... you're not going to cry like a llittle girl, are you?" He comforted.