Meeting Her After Six Months

I decided not to go close to her right now. I thought, "how can I go to meet her empty handed after so long. Maybe I should buy something."

I stepped back and walked towards other platform but couldn't find anything to buy. I was running out of time and ultimately ended up buying bottled soft drink. I rushed towards the platform where Jiya was, but to my surprise she was not there. I got worried and started to search for her.

I started to peep into every coach through the windows. Suddenly I found her in the 7th coach of the train.

I kept looking at her and after a few seconds she turned towards the window and found me standing right there. She was almost about to scream but stopped herself by keeping her hands on her mouth.

"Oh God !!" she said.

I moved from that place and boarded the coach. I went close to her, she stood up and we both hugged each other.

"I am shocked how did you come here ? When did you come here ?" she asked.

"I came here by bus and I have reached just half an hour ago." I replied.

"But why ?"

"Well, it was just 300km, I came here just for you, just to prove you that I can do unexpected things for you."

"Do you have some water?" I asked.

Rizwana offered me water.

I asked them, "where are your seats ? Mine is in another coach."

Rizwana said, "our seats are in the same coach, here itself. If you want, after the ticket Inspector checks the tickets, we will exchange our seats, I will go to your coach and you both can sit here together."

I was about to say "no" to the decision taken by Rizwana but before I could says anything Jiya interrupted and said, "thanks Rizwana, thank you so much."

We got settled and started to wait for the ticket Inspector, meanwhile the train departed. I offered the soft drink that I bought at the platform to Jiya and Rizwana.

After sometime the ticket Inspector arrived and we got our tickets checked.

Now it was time for Rizwana and I to exchange our seats. Rizwana went to my coach and I and Jiya sat together.

Jiya was beside me, we kept talking for about 2 hours and then I realised that Jiya has slept resting her head on my shoulder, even I fell asleep after sometime.

When we were about to reach Bangalore, Jiya woke me up and said that she is going to check if Rizwana is up or not as she had to get down before us.

I said, "okay you can go and see Rizwana, meanwhile I'll take care of the luggage."

Jiya went to meet Rizwana and came back after 15 minutes as Bangalore railway station was about to come.

Ultimately we reached Bangalore and de-boarded the train. The time was 4:50 am.

Since it was too early so we decided to sit and have breakfast in a restaurant present at the railway station itself.

"What would you like to have ?" I asked.

She held my hand and pulled me away from the counter. She selected a corner table and we kept our luggage there.

She told me to wait there itself and walked towards the counter and ordered something.

She came back with two plates of Dosas in a hands and kept them on the table. I went and got 2 cups of tea.

We talked to each other over the breakfast. Since it was early morning, the restaurant was not much crowded so we decided to sit there itself for some more time talking to each other. At 6:30 we decided to leave. I walked towards the counter to make payment after breakfast but the employee at the counter told me that it was already paid.

I looked at Jiya. She replied, "you pay or I what difference does it make ?"

We both smiled and left the restaurant to reach city bus stand.

The bus was already there and was about to leave in next 10 minutes. Jiya and I kept talking for a few minutes and then I held her hands look into her eyes and said in very emotional tone, "we are meeting after 6 long month, these 6 months have been like 6 years for me please don't ever go away from me."

She hugged me and said, "I will never, I am yours."

I told her to board the bus has it was about to depart.

I just heard Goodbye and waved my hand and the bus departed.

That moment left Tears in my eyes and I came back to my room after sometime as I had to be there for Evening shift in my restaurant.

-------- TBC--------