Prologue : The McD Days

1. 

April 1, 2015 : The day when I joined a startup company. It was an Online Hotel Rooms Booking Website Company. I used to work with McDonaldz as a restaurant manager before this. Well, working at McDonaldz was fun but it even equally sucked at the same time.

This is how my day used to start: I used to go for my shift, see my store in a dirty condition as the previous manager will be leaving in sometime. I used to get the restaurant cleaned, ingredients stocked up for my shift, do food quality check and run my shift. After feeding almost a thousand customers and listening to scolding from various customers at night 11 we used to close our store, remove all cash drawers from billing counters, segregate cash and food coupons and then try to count every single penny and every Single food coupon. 

If you see a Manager of a Quick Service Restaurant, you will never find him sitting peacefully, actually he never gets to sit, he has to keep standing like a horse for atleast 9 hours and keep ordering his crew members which makes him sound like a Barking Dog, and yes, I was one of them, I used to get so tired that sometimes while counting so many coupons at late night I used to get defeated by short termed unconsciousness also known as sleep, remain unconscious for a few hours, open my eyes and find myself in the manager's cabin, a half eaten burger that I couldn't eat last night as I don't know when I slept, head on the table, cash lying beside me which I couldnt count and even couldnt keep inside safe as I was too tired and didn't know when slumber took over me.I look at the clock, heck ! its 0500 hours, I have to count all the cash and food coupons; count all the buns, patties and other food stocks, check all products for expiry dates, arrange the food stock room which has turned into hell and looks like a looted food shop, check the cleanliness of every single corner of my restaurant; basically I had to handover the restaurant to the Morning shift Manager exactly as I got from the manager of my previous shift and the worst part was to setup the restaurant and male it ready for Breakfast ! Oh God !

I used to count the cash, tally it with the sale to check if there is any mismatch. Cash is something which can never be excess, yes, it used to be always lesser than the actual sale ! So what do we do now ?? Well it's simple, I had to pay from my pocket as it was my shift and I was responsible for the cash Over or Short !

So, the story is I was working at McD, Earning at McD, Paying for cash shortage in McD and Sleep in McD, go home, take bath and come back to McD. I used to pay rent in my Paying Guest accommodation just to keep my luggage and use the wash room, rest everything I used to do in McD ! My life was nothing but McD. The only thing that I used to enjoy working there was, working with my team! Yes it was the best team ever !

2.

Whenever we used to see a huge crowd of IT Professionals rushing towards our Restaurant we used to feel pestered. Really, Those IT Professionals used to march towards us as if they all belong to big herd(s) of Sheep.

Me and my crew members used to eat our Burgers for lunch and gradually we lost interest in these Buns and Mayonnaise. The crew members who used to join us New, they seemed to be in deep love with Burgers. All crew members used to sit together in crew room for having lunch, needless to say, the same burgers; the new employees used to have that food as if it was not less than a 17 course menu, but for us it was just a stuff to fill our stomach and convince ourselves that Yes ! We got someting to eat !  

That food for which our Customers, mostly those IT Professionals used to travel long distances in sun was simply a piece of waste for us, well, not more than two dry buns with 2 slices of onion, tomatoes and mayonnaise.

Hey guys ! I hope you are not getting bored of my story, I request your upvotes if u like even one percent of what I have written and your precious comments too !