A promise to be made

You walked to the senkaimon where you found your sleeping captain. She had been waiting hours for you to show up. " Captain.." You mumbled.

You crouched down and poked her arm lightly, only to get a whine from her. A sigh escaped your lips before you dug into a secret pocket in your uniform and then,

tossed some candy in the air, only to now see your captain wake up and catch the candy before it hit the ground.

" Oh! It's you (F/N)." Her smile twisted into a frown. " Where were you? We were suppose to go to the world of the living, but you didn't show up." she added.

You rubbed the back of your neck a bit before bowing slightly, " Sorry Captain.. I got lost on the way and met Lady Shihoin and an orange haired shinigami." you muttered.

Her expression changed into a blank one. " Eh?". You sweat dropped before you began walking towards the senkaimon.

" Wait a second! (F/N)!" Haj caught up to you and walked beside you. The two of you walked through the senkaimon.

Within a few minutes, the both of you arrived in the world of the living. You looked around a bit, blinking.

" This place dark like woods in the soul society." You told her. Haj only smiled. The place you were in was in the woods near Karakura town.

It was dark out, so you honestly couldn't see your captain smiling. " Captain?" You whispered pretty loud, wondering if she was even still near you.

All you could hear was whispering, low whispering. You stayed calm as you reached for your Zanpakuto just in case.

Before you could even touch the hilt with your fingertips, lights began popping out of nowhere. Your (E/C) eyes widened.

Shards of ice glowed and lead a path to somewhere you had no idea to where. " Come on.. I want to show you something."

Haj waved for you to follow as you walked along the lit up path. You had a curious look on your face as you silently followed her with a nod.

'Where is she taking me? and are these shards apart of some type of kido?' you thought to yourself.

As you looked around, your gaze slowly landed on your captain, seeing how calm she was.

You have seen her like this before, but this time seemed different. Usually when she's calm she doesn't smile, this time she is.

" Mind telling me where we're going?" You questioned her, talking to her casually, which she honestly didn't mind when it was just the two of you.

" Patience.." She answered you with a simple answer. You blinked and then looked away, slightly annoyed by her answer.

' When did she learn a new word?' you thought. You pouted a little and crossed your arms. Haj never used the word "Patience" since she mostly isn't patient.

You both walked for about ten minutes before Haj stopped at an Ancient Shrine. " What is this place?" You asked.

" A friend of mine told me that this is an ancient shrine." She answered you. " A friend, huh?" You whispered.

Haj put her hands together and said a little thanks before looking up at the sky. "Yes, His name was Ake Daisuke. A human who could somehow see souls.

We met on my first mission to the World of the living about fifty years ago. He helped me kill a Hollow and right after that, we became close friends.

He took me to this ancient shrine and everytime we visit, he would put his hands together and close his eyes.

I didn't know what he was doing, but i copied him and said a thanks every time. So many memories of him still linger.

He died here trying to protect me, so I buried him here and visit often. But before he died, He asked me to make a promise to protect this world and not stop fighting

for what was right." Haj told you. Your expression softened with a little frown, seeing the tears rolling down your captain's face.

Before you could even say a word to her, she wiped her tears with her sleeve and looked at you. " (F/N), Can you promise me something.."

You slowly nodded your head. " Promise me that you will fight for not just for yourself but for others as well. Even if you don't like a person.

and also promise me that when i die and if I die, You will take over as captain of squad 14." She pitched.

Your eyes widened a bit. ' Does she think she's going to die soon?!' you thought. "I promise." You stated.

Just after those two words, a smile formed on her face, causing you to smile only a little. Your attention was drawn to the stars in the sky, watching them shimmer and shine.

' I won't let you down, Captain.' you said to yourself in your head. You and Haj left the Shrine and walked towards Karakura town.

Meanwhile,

Three people sat on the roof of the tallest building while looking down at the town of karakura. " Well, Maru-Chan..?" One voice whispered. " Is this the place, Maru-kun?"Another whispered.

" Indeed it is.. " The third person said, opening his eyes just a little.