Old Wounds and Alcohol Don't Mix

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. Then we had some cocktails, and it was getting late, so I crashed in one of his guest rooms." This time, the liquid does slosh right over the side of the white mug, luckily missing Simon's shirt and splashing at his feet. I wince at the whole ordeal and make my way to the counter to retrieve some paper towel for the mess.

"I told you he had the hots for you." I just shake my head. 

      "I could've taken a cab, Magnus, this is over the top," I say as I slide into the backseat of his limo with him. He smiles coyly and shrugs softly at me. I glance over him, soaking in his outfit. He wears skin-tight red jeans with silver chains hanging off of them and a white graphic t-shirt. His boots are black and studded, and he tops his outfit off with a neat black blazer adorned with sequins. It's all too much for me, I could never pull it off, but paired with his perfect eyeliner and glittery hair, he looks absolutely stunning. 

"I like to pamper you. Would you like to take a photo, Alexander? I hear they last longer." He grins smugly and I push away the blush that I know is coming. I decide to play coy with him this time, see how he likes being played at his own game. 

"Nah, I'm hoping photos aren't necessary if I can just see you all the time," I smirk at him, angling my body towards his in the dark limo. He's struggling for words, that I can see by the widening of his eyes and the red blossoming in his cheeks. I chuckle softly and brush my knuckles gently over his jaw before letting my hand fall to the seat between us. "I like rendering you speechless, Bane, makes me feel like I'm doing something right here."

We pull up to a bar since I requested someplace a little more laid-back. Still, it exceeds anywhere I'd have chosen, but none the less, we get out of the limo and head inside. The lights are low, and there are just enough people here to keep it lively. A band is playing in the far back, not loud enough to make conversation impossible, but it gives the place a nice vibe. Magnus weaves his hand into mine and leads me towards the bar. He looks at me for what I'd like and I shrug. 

"Pick something for me, I'm not a big drinker." He raises a brow but orders for us anyways. I opt out of any bar food, and so does Magnus, so we both turn out attention to the band. They're not half bad and I find myself drumming my fingers against the countertop, head nodding slightly. Our drinks are placed in front of us, and I notice Magnus has something fruity looking with a skewered cherry hanging from the side. Mine, on the other hand, is foaming in a frosted mug. 

"You deem me manly enough for beer, Bane?" I chuckle and take a sip, savouring the icy liquid and it's less than appealing taste as it goes down. 

"Well, I don't deem you the fruity cocktail type." We laugh lightly and I like the way our laughs sound mingled together, rich undertones with his light, carefree voice dancing over top. Once I'm finished my first beer, I can feel a soft buzz overtake me, telling me how clear it is that I'm a lightweight. Magnus is on his second cocktail and seems completely unaffected, which doesn't surprise me. The band's taking a break before their second set, and I lean in close to Magnus' ear to speak, despite the fact that he could've probably heard me fine from where I sat so close to him. 

"I'm going to grab some air, I'll be right back, order me something good." He blushes and I can feel the heat of his cheek right next to mine as I smirk and stand to leave. I turn away from my bar stool and walk right into someone's back. He's about the same height as me, with strangely familiar hair...

"Watch where you're- Alec?" The golden-haired guy turns to me, his face frozen in between shock and relief. 

"Hey, Jace..." I trail off, unsure what he thinks of me. We used to be so close but haven't spoken since I got kicked out. To my surprise, he pulls me in for a tight hug, his arms so familiar that I want to cry and run away at the same time. 

Drop of Magic (Malec)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara