Chapter 12- The real Shawn Mendes

Start from the beginning

"I'm actually a twin." Shawn said. I whipped my head and looked at him. Wow. A twin?
"Really?!" I said obvious shock in my voice.
"Yeah, and my parents thought they were only having one child and they weren't prepared. They..they kept me and gave the other away to an adoption centre where someone adopted my twin." His face was unreadable, I didn't know what to think or say.

"Shawn?" I interrupted.
"Yeah?" He sighed.
"Is this part of the story about your rep?" I asked nervously.
"Yup." He just replied. He hesitated before continuing.

"Ironic enough, they named my twin Sean, but spelt the 's-e-a-n' way. Turns out, our face must be very Shawn-like."

I laughed at his lame joke.

"When we were 5 or something, we got sent to the same school, and we met each other for the first time" I wasn't sure where this was going but I stayed silent.

"We immediately disliked each other because we despised the idea of another person looking the exactly the same as us with the exact same name.

"Everyone got confused between us to. The only good thing was, you couldn't get the name wrong since we both were named Shawn." Shawn chuckled.

"Our parents met each other sometime in year 2. They wanted us to get to know each other and be like brothers since we were separated at birth. When ever we had 'playdates' we would always just argue and fight and hated each other more and more. Our parents stopped a year later.

"In year 6, we had a fight at school. And i don't mean a small argument, i mean fists flying, legs kicking fight. We got suspended at first, but then it happened again, and again and halfway through year 6 we got expelled."

I was still confused about how this connected to his reputation of getting into fights and....seducing vulnerable girls. I gagged at that thought.

"Still with me?" Shawn smiled teasingly.
"Yeah. What happened after you got expelled?" I asked.

"We got sent to separate schools. But in Year 7, (highschool) our parents tried again to get us to like each other which failed miserably. We both got expelled by semester 2. Since it was such a prestigious school, no other local schools would accept us. We both got sent to a boarding school." He groaned at that last sentence and I knew immediately it must of sucked.

"The reputation that I'm rumoured to have, is not about me." Shawn said. I furrowed my eyes in confusion but another part of me was screaming.
OMG OMG OMG SHAWNS INNOCENT AFTER ALL, WHEN I TELL AMELIA AND JASON THEY WOULD LET ME DATE HIM AND AHHHH- Date? Did i want to date him?

"Hey you look like your about to explode." He laughed. I was breathing heavily and I just blushed and looked away from Shawn.
"Just processing the new information." He laughed again. HIS LAUGH IS ANGELIC AND HEAVENLY AND AMAZING AHHHH.

"So how'd ya get the rep?" I asked. He sighed.

"Its all based on my horrific brother. He always had a good voice. He would try to impress girls, and well you know..." He trailed off with a disgusted look on his face that matched mine. (Except his face is wayyyyy hotter and when i make that face I look like I just ate something gross, when he makes that face, he looks....gorgeous, handsome, flawless...)

"Naturally, we always fought again, our principal said one of us to go, and I think my mum had gave up because then she decided to move us here and now Sean is far, far away ditched behind." He frowned with a distant sad look in his face.

I frowned too, because seeing a handsome, cute, gentleman be sad, it shatters my heart.

"Whats wrong?" I asked pouting. He shook his head.
"It's just, I thought I could start again, and my family would be happy now. But now nobody even wants to be around me, i saw the way your brother looked at me."

"Yeah,  but that's because they don't know the real you! Your so kind, and fun to be around and well, harmless." I smiled and I thought about touching his arm in a comforting way but I decided against it, because I'm nervous  okay?

Shawn sighed and shrugged.
"Yeah but it's worse because now my little sister is being avoided too and bullied. And it's all my fault." We had arrived at my house now, and we were pulled over by my driveway. But watching Shawn be on the verge of tears, it made my heart yearn to comfort him.

I grabbed his hand. Shawn looked over to me with a small smile on his face.

"Hey, it'll be alright. Look, I'll be your new best friend on now on okay?" I grinned at him. He smiled back before looking down, pulling his hand away from mind and into his lap and frowned.

"No, you can't" he just simply said.
I couldn't help but feel hurt.

"Why?" I said quietly.

"Because then you'll get treated horribly. And your brother..." he trailed off.

"I don't care about my brother! You don't deserve to be treated how your treated Shawn. Your the sweetest guy I know!" I argued but yet smiled at him.

"I saw the fear and disgust in your face the first few times we met. And your brothers." Shawn shrugged.

"Shawn stop stalling. Just please accept our friendship and move on. If I get treated badly I'll have you." I smiled up at him. We held eye contact and he smiled at me. OMG HES SO ADORABLE I CANT UKJSIAKNSSJ.

"You sure?" Shawn asked.

"100%" I winked back. We both softly laughed.

"Okay, I'll walk you to the door." Shawn smiled opening his door. Aww what a gentleman. Then realisation hit me.

"Wait!" I called to Shawn who was already on his way to my side. What a cutie.
He opened my door and raised an eyebrow.

"Erm maybe you shouldn't walk me to the door, since my mum thinks I'm with someone else." I muttered. I saw the cogs turn in Shawn's head.

"Oh. Did someone ditch you on the sidewalk? Were you.......on a date?" Shawn frowned.

"Yeah." I looked down remembering the horrors of tonight. I had totally forgot about it being with Shawn. It felt like it happened so long ago but I was still in the same outfit and was still sticky from the coke.

"My guess it went horribly?" Shawn asked. I nodded sadly.

He pulled me into another hug. I melted in the comfort of his arms. He was so warm and smelt good.
"I'm sorry." Shawn whispered in my ear.

"It's not your fault." I simply replied. We stood there in each other's arms for the second time tonight before I pulled away reluctantly.

"I should go." I liked down at my frets

"Bye Emily." Shawn grinned at me. I met his gaze and smiled back.

"Cya Shawn." I walked up to my front door and looked back to see Shawn getting in his ute and waving to me. I waved and turned around to knock on the door.

I was greeted by the one and only Jason Grace. (Her twin bro, not the amazing blond superman from HOO XD)

I'm sooooo sorry for a long chapter ahhhhh I think this may be my fav one yet!!

Don't give up hope on Nemily guys!!
Thanks for reading my beautiful fangirls!!