As Close As Strangers (Yū Nishinoya x reader)

( A/N I'm trying a little bit of a different writing style? I've seen writing like this and I like it honestly... So don't mind me! )

ANGST (YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)

----------------------

He was with her again today, seeming as happy as ever. He never seemed that enthusiastic when he was with you.

You had been his best friend for years on end, was he becoming bored of you? Maybe, or maybe not...

It seemed like ages from the last time you had both hung out together. That includes even trying to hang out with him in school. You had attempted to try to ask him to have lunch with you but to no avail; it didn't work out.

"Hey Yu! Want to have lunch with-...." You started but the boy had already sprinted out of your classroom, probably to go find... her.

You got up from your desk and waltzed out of your classroom. Walking to the stairs to reach the rooftop of your school. Hoping to maybe try to relieve some stress from your mind.

Once you had reached the rooftop, you went to go sit down on a bench by yourself. Glancing around at the scenery outside and smiled.

'The outside world was beautiful and so lively. Nature was amazing.'

But then you spotted, them. A sour expression painted itself on to your face.

Why did I have to see... it? Yu was being fed by her under one of your school's cheery blossom trees. How... cliche. It suited them as a pair quite well.

"Tch." You spit and turned your head away. This sight probably wasn't the best thing to be witnessing to relieve stress.

You picked up your bento and walked to another side of the school's roof, sat down, and started to eat your lunch.

As you did, a boy walked up to you in an awkward manner. You spotted him and looked up, since you were still in a bad mood, you glared at him.

"Ummm... I saw that you were looking at the couple under that cherry tree down there. You seem to be upset." He mumbled and you groaned in response.

"Can I ask why you are upset? Or is that too straight forward?" The boy questioned shyly and you groaned again.

"Why should I tell you?" You snarled at him and he glanced away and shrugged awkwardly. This made you sigh tiredly.

"Fine, in the so called couple you mentioned, the guy in it is my best friend. But he has been ignoring me ever since those two have started talking and we haven't interacted in the slightest. Even at school!" You complained in a bitter tone and he listened intently.

You continued to rant causing the boy to ask if he could sit with you on the bench, which you agreed to. This went on for the rest of the lunch period and he listened the whole time.

This led to you making him exchange emails with you, thinking that maybe now, you would have someone to talk to.

~ Time Skip ~

It had been a month since you had started to talk to the boy from the roof. He was now one of your closest friends.

Yu had noticed this and didn't seem too pleased over the fact that another boy had entered your life. To add, that boy was starting to replace him and act as your best friend. For Yu, he saw the role of best friend in your life as his job.