What Have I Done to Us? (Phanfiction)

*Prologue*

"Dan's POV"

"Ha Ha, see you next week guys" I said as I finished swaying my hips in front of the camera. I reach to turn it off, grabbed it off the tri-pod and brought it with me to edit on the Mac upstairs. This was going to take forever to edit. I needed something to drink.

"Hey Dan, I heard you had finished your video, want a glass of Ribena?" I heard Phil call from the kitchen.

"Yeah sure, I wouldn't mind a glass, bring one up" I called back. He knows exactly what I'm thinking at the best of times, I thought to myself.

A minute later Phil came into the room and filled it with the sweet smell of Ribena.

"Thanks Phil" I said to him as he sat down in the chair next to me and placed my glass down. He smiled in return. I love his smiles.

"So, what's your video about this week?' Phil asked, sounding interested.

"Oh, you know, just another opinionated, procrastination filled five minutes of my life, where I confessed to the internet more of my embarrassing stories," I replied, in the most appropriate way possible.

"Sounds cool then" Phil said as he got up to leave.

"Phil?" I called to him just as he got to the door way.

"Yeah Dan, what is it?" Phil spun back around so he was facing me again.

"Promise you will never leave me?" I rushed.

"What? Don't be silly Dan, Why would I ever do that?" he said.

"Just promise you will never leave me?" I begged.

Uh, okay, I promise I'll never leave you Dan, ever" he said, sounding confused, but then smiled as he walked down the stairs and out of view.

I felt myself smiling. I've always loved my best friend.

********

I guess times change.
People forget the promises they make.
They move on with their lives, and start families, and wander down new career paths.
I was never one of those people.
I was never up for change.
But Phil was.