ONE.

ONE ; TIME

ONE ; TIME.

"HE'S BLATANTLY LYING," she said, glancing toward her colleague. She adjusted the phone she held in her hand, fixing it's placement on her ear. "Honestly, Baldwin's two year old niece could have picked it up. I don't understand why you felt the need to consult me."

"He's one of London's biggest conmen!" The man on the other end of the line exclaimed, frustration laced within is his tone. "He isn't exactly see-through!"

Adeline Baldwin snorted softly, chuckling at her friend's dumfounded expression. "You know our girl, Detective Inspector. She's inhuman." Baldwin grinned, leaning toward the phone her teammate held. "She sees through everyone's bullshit."

"He didn't stammer or pause to think at all," she told the Detective. The line went silent, eliciting a smirk from both women. "The man had an answer for everything. He also gave a one minute and twenty three second answer on where he went to school. Add it up, Detective."

"A planned story and oversharing," the man muttered.

"Exactly."

The same quiet came over the speaker as Baldwin closed the laptop before them. "I hate when you're right, Croft."

"You're not the first man to say that to me, Lestrade," she teased, smiling broadening as she heard the man groan.

"Christ, you and your Sherlock Holmes fantasies," scolded the Detective. She snickered. "Do I need to tell you my name?"

"I know your name, Robinson." Before he could snap at her again, she cut him off. "We have to go. Tell your city to get smarter conmen." She then ended the call, turning to Baldwin with a smile.

"He despises when you do that," Adeline said, nudging her co-worker softly. "You're an evil woman, Katherine Croft."

She sighed, glancing around the empty room, lowering her voice as she found Baldwin's gaze. "You don't have to call me that when it's just us."

"I know," Baldwin replied, shrugging. "But you know, cameras. Always watching. Can't let them catch me calling you a dead woman's name."

"Your office doesn't have any cameras."

"It feels weird not to call you Croft at work, Quinn," she confessed, giving into the girl. "It's how I knew you up until four months ago."

Quinn Carson bit the inside of her cheek, nodding in understanding. For two years that they had been friends, Adeline Baldwin had known her as strictly Katherine Croft, as the rest of the team did. Two years ago, she had been given multiple identities and placed into the hands of a former BAU agent who had lived the way Quinn had. She had been put into the London Interpol base, using her talents to aid people around the world, but keeping minimal contact with them, in an attempt to keep her safe. This had seemed to be the best option for Quinn, as it kept her working for the good of the world, but under careful security. So far, they had been sucessful.