♡ 25

I miss you so much

I long for your loveIt's scares me

Cause my heart gets so weak

That I can't even breathe  

TLC ~ 1999 

Aaliyah's P.O.V 

As I run the only thing I could think about was Keith and his words. Memories of all our good times run throughout my mind. I remember our freshmen dance. I didn't really want to go I was shy and extremely self-conscious. I didn't like my body I felt as if I was too skinny. I barely had any boobs and my hips were none existent. I begged and begged Keith not to make me go. I told him I didn't have anything to wear and I had no money to go. I really wanted to just stay home. So many girls had asked him if he would take them but he told them he was going with his best friend. I ended up lying and telling him I was sick but of course, he knew that wasn't the truth and around 6:00 that afternoon, there was a knock on my door and it was Keith and his mom. She had this pretty long pink dress in her hand and a pair of heels. We ended up back at their house she did my hair so pretty. She gave me some beautiful pears for around my neck and a little coat of lipstick. I felt beautiful. 

I remember Keith walking down stairs in his black suit and pink tie, the same color pink as my dress. My eyes were glued on him he looked so handsome. He had an awkward look on his face when he looked at me I remember his exact expression. 

"You look nice,"He said with a small smile. 

"So do you,"I tell him. 

Stepping into the dance made me so nervous, I felt like everyone was staring at us, I remember seeing Briana there in a tight red dress her hair flowing down her back, she looked way better than me but I didn't think of it as a competition, I wanted to tell her she looked so nice but when she saw me she rolled her eyes, walking pass us and rubing the back of her hand over Keith's cheek. I didn't understand what I did to her to make her not like me. 

Keith and I didn't dance like the other couples there, all close and loving, we actually looked very stupid. I remeber us just being super silly and dancing face to face making dumb faces at each other. 

It wasnt untill the song you're my everything by The Temptations came on. It's one of our favorite songs thoes old school jams you just know the lyrics to. Keith smirked at me and asked if I wanted to dance. I laughed and told him sure placing my hands on his shoulders. He places his hands on my waist and we akwardly moves around. We loosened up after a little while, just dancing to the beat. I couldn't even look Keith in his eyes and he couldn't look me in mine.  When david ruffins part of the song came on we found ourselves looking at each other, and thats's when he kissed me.  

You're part of every thought I think each day, your name is in every phrase my lips say, every dream I dream is about you honey I can't live without you.

It was the first time we ever kissed, I was completely shocked about it, I kissed him back with ease though, it was the sweetest thing ever. After the dance was over we didn't talk about the kiss, we didn't talk much at all. We looked at each other with goofy ass smiles not able to form any full sentences. 

We never talked about the kiss ever. It was like it never happened. I always wanted to ask him why he kissed me but I was to scared to, I actually did get the balls to try and ask him, I took the bus to his side of town and walked to his house, when I got there he was sitting on his front porch with Briana on his lap, they were making out, I didn't really know what to do so I just left. I went all the way back home. I was crushed but it's not like we we're a couple or anything so I told myself I didn't have the right to be hurt. 

I soon come out of my daze realizing that I've been randomly walking for an extremely long time. Where am I. I honestly don't know at all. I look around trying to figure out if I can figure out where I'm at. 

I find a gas station nearby my stomach grumbles, and soon the only thing on my mind is getting something to eat before I pass out I haven't eaten in three days, and I need something now. I pull out a little change I had in my pocket and walk into the store. 

I grab a bag of chips and a small bottle of water. I start to feel uneasy when I notice all the stares I was getting from the white customers in the gas station. This lady watches me intensely gripping her purse. I look down at myself and realize how insane I look. I had blood on my clothes, I was bruised up and my hair was completely wild.  

I slowly walk up to the counter and place my things up there. The cashier gives me a disgusted look as she rings my things up.

"That will be 2.75.."She states. I look down at my coins and sign, I only have 2 dollars. 

"Hello miss 2.75 there are people waiting behind you," She says rudely. 

"Um can you take off the water,"I ask her and she huffs rolling her eyes. 

"Typical," She spat. I don't have the energy to say anything about her comment as she begins to take the water off.  

"That's not necessary I'll cover it, I hear a mans voice say, I slowly turn my head to see a tall darkskinned man with big beautiful brown eyes. 

"Thank you so much,"I tell him as he passes the cashier a 5 dollar bill. 

I leave out of the gas station and back into the cold air. I rip open the bag of chips and begin to eat them. I eat then quickly. I was so hungry. After all the chips are gone I open up the water and chug it down. 

"Thirsty hu?"I hear the mans voice say. He startles me as I turn my body towards him. 

"Uh yeah,"I shrug as I wipe my mouth. 

"Are you okay miss if you don't mind me asking."He says with a concerned look. 

"Yeah, I'm just a little tired and lost."I explain to him and he nods. 

"I can help if you want, where are you trying to go?"

"Back home to Sacramento," I tell him his eyes widen. 

"Damn your kinda far from home, how did you get all the way on this side of California?" He ask me. 

"It's a long story do you know how I can get home?"I ask him. 

"I'll take you."He says his tone generous. 

I just look at him for a moment and then I shrug, At this point I'll do anything to get back home so what's the worst that can happen. I follow him to his car it was really fancy. 

" I'm chadchick by the way but you can call me chad,"He tells me. 

"I'm Aaliyah,"I say as we both climb into the car. 

Hey Guys, sorry for this late update. I had a rough weekend and my week didn't start off so well either. I was really contemplating if I should Just delete this story, but My sister and best friend talked to me. My best friend reminded me of how shitty my stories use to be and how much I have improved, and in all honestly I am so proud of myself. This is what I love doing and I really can't let people discourage me.I'm sorry for all the errors Chapter 26 coming soon ~Lisa.