Chapter 3

I wake up to the sweat pouring off of me, I notice my breathing was heavy as well.

I sit up from the couch which I had passed out on the night before when I came home, drunk from the hockey game, or bar. I'm not quite sure.

I steady my breathes and throw my arms behind me to keep me propped up. I don't remember much of last night after Montreal took a W against Boston, and after that I remember going out with some close guy friends somewhere to get drunk. And now, I'm here. On my couch. I remember last night as they stopped by wanting to talk or catch up. My stomach does flips as I remember the whole situation once again.

None of them have tried to contact me yet and I hope it stays the same.

I groan as I stand up and get dressed and have a shower. As I pass the calendar I check the date and my plans for today. Check the mail. Shopping for Pax.

Oh crap. I completely forgot about Pax. That was two days away. Here in Montreal.

Suddenly it all clicks together. They didn't even come to visit me. They came for Pax and Josh probably guilt tripped them into coming with him since he was the only one I spoke too. Plus, the others weren't too fond of me leaving.

~~~~~~~~

After a while of shopping I stopped for Tim Hortans, which I haven't had until I came to Canada because it's only a Canadian thing. I've grown fond of the fast food chain in the few months I've been here, then again, which Canadian hasn't? I can't really say which Canadian because I'm not a legal Canadian until I've spent ten years in the country.

I order an Ice Cap with whipped cream on top and I'm on my way to my black Audi x8 which I had grown attached to the franchise from bonding and Skype calls with Josh. Once I had told him I bought the car, he was astonished. And not to forget, jealous.

I start the car with my car starter on my keychain and walk out of Centre Eaton de Montréal mall. The cool, brisk air sends shivers down my spine and my fingers clench around the multiple bags I'm holding.

No one was around me as I walk to my car. And I get lost in the sound of my shoes clicking against the pavement.

A few droplets of water splash at my hair and I begin to lightly jog to my car. I pop open the trunk and quickly lay the bags inside.

I mentally curse as I look in the mirror at the mess of my hair. I shake my head and fix it up. On the way back to my apartment I continuously tap my finger against the steering while to the beat of whatever song comes on. Some French, some English. As Quebec is a Bilingual province, most people speak two languages. I've only picked up on how to say hello and goodbye and a few random words and sentences as I got here, and I come across regularly people who don't speak English at all, or little to none.

I receive a text which interrupts my focus on the road and I slow down and pull my phone out of my purse. I wait for a red-light to actually check the message though.

Josh: Are you going to pax??

Me: Yeah why?

I don't get any response and I see the icon pop up on read.

A sudden beep behind me brings my thoughts back into the real world and I check the light to see it's green. I pack away my phone and continue to drive.

It was a bit awkward at first to drive on the right using the left side of the car, since I spent most of my life doing it the opposite, but it took me about a month to get used to it.

My YouTube career was going surprisingly well and I had a comfortable amount of subscribers. Nearly eight million now. Pax had offered me my own table for signings and my merch which I had happily accepted and I would be needing a few of the people who help with my merchandise to attend and they accepted. So I have everything already planned out.

I hope it all goes smoothly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the lack of updates!! I've been so inconsistent but... I'm also working on something else... ;)

Would y'all like to see another book at the same time..? Or just this one..?

Please let me know :)

-Abby xxx