Chapter 3

Zakary Jameson

The next week and a half went by slowly, and there was not much for me to do but think about what I had done. I had killed a young boy, who had barely gotten to live. Why had I lived while he lay dead in the ground?

I also found myself thinking about what the doctors had not done. They ha not saved the only woman I had ever loved. This made me furious.

The previous weekend, Claire's parents had come to visit me in the hospital, but I had not been able to speak to them. I was too ashamed of what I had done, and knew how they likely now thought if me.

It had been so simple. Drive to Chicago, get married, get a nice little house and a job, and start a family. That had been my entire goal for the future. Now, I honestly didn't know what to do. All my thoughts were filled with anger towards those who hadn't saved Claire.

It was a beautiful Saturday morning in the heart of summer, and I did as I had done for the previous week. I lay silently back in the bed, my head turned towards the window, lost in thought. My eyes gazed, unblinking, at the sun as it reflected off the buildings outside. I lay like this for hours. If a stranger were to come in, which would go unnoticed by me, they may have thought me dead or insane.

The headache that resided in my right temple had not yet decreased in magnitude. If anything, it had gotten worse, making me unable to focus on anything for an extended period of time.

Suddenly, white hot blinding pain stabbed like a thousand knives on my temple. I grasped both sides of my head tightly with both hands, my fingers digging into my hair. When the pain increased, blurring my vision as if the world was spinning rapidly, I groaned then cried out in anguish. A ringing began in my ears, and that was all I could hear. My head felt like it was being slammed from the inside with a jackhammer. When I could stand the pain no more, I began to yell loudly. It must've sounded as if I was being tortured.

All of a sudden, the glass window on the wall to my right shattered into millions if tiny shards. The pain immediately subsided.

Glass showered the room, spreading a far as the door to the hallway. I sat in my bed, covering my head with my good arm, horrified. I saw no source of the shattering.

Moments later, the same brunette nurse as before ran into the room, shrieking slightly at the sight she saw.

"Mr. Jameson! What on Earth happened in here?" She asked, more like screamed, at me.

I found myself incapable of answering her. My hearing was fading, and black clouds spotted my vision seconds later, I had fallen unconscious.

("What do you mean? What happened to you?" Agent Donovan asked me. He seemed to be suddenly very interested in my story.

"Honestly, I still don't know,"I replied, "now, I understand you had a part to play in this... incident, didn't you? That is where our six month long war began." Donovan nodded slowly, a small smile creeping to his face.

"Yeah, I guess so. This is how it all went down for me...")

(Present time)

Thanks for reading! I hope you like it so far! What do you think of Zak and Donovan based on the last few chapters? Don't forget to comment and vote! I'll have another chapter about Donovan up soon!