Chapter six

Chase

 As soon as she stormed off, I went in search of her. Leaving my dad on the floor, I walk out of the room. I hope she isn't mad. But what did she mean when she said, she knew my families secret? The only secret I kept, was the fact I wasn't Tyler, and that Paige was my Mate. Did she mean that?

I walk around the pack house, not catching a whiff of her warm, and intoxicating scent. I step into the living room, where mom sat. Staring at a picture album. She wiped at her face and I noticed the tears leaking from her beautiful eyes. "Mom, What's wrong?" She pats the cushion next to her, and I sit down. 

She sniffle's, and blows her nose. "Honey, I have to tell you something. It's about your father." I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

 "You see he's not really your father. He's his twin brother Shawn. Your father loved you very much, but he never got over his mates death. The baby i'm carrying is Shawn's, and I wish it would have been Ben's but Shawn killed your father, and took over the thrown. No one even know's that Shawn isn't Ben. Especially since no one knew about his twin.'

 Eventually, I had grown to like, even love him. But he somehow has become corrupted, vile, and hard to be around. I don't want my little girl to  be born in a house, were he poppa doesn't love her. I want her to feel loved, like your poppa loved you boys." 

 I was mad of-course. But soon realized that mom ,was only protecting her pups. Like any mother would do. She was crying on my shoulder, when I asked her about Skylar. "Mom, do you know where Skylar went?" She wiped her eyes. 

"Skylar left? When did she go?" Mom was shocked, so I decided to go to gram's house, and ask her if she's seen her. 

"I don't know where she went mom. But i'll find her." I jump out the window shifting before I landed. My fur shifting in the wind. I ran for my grandmother's house. She was sitting on her porch, as if waiting for my arrival. 

"Gram's have you seen Sky?" I sat on the porch steps, and looked up at her. 

 She stifled a cry, and I became alarmed. "Gram's tell me! Please gram's! Tell me where she's at!" I was crying, tears running down my face. I was shaking, and my palms where sweating. 

"She's gone." She whispers, those two words, and my heart breaks into a million pieces. 

Skylar

 I'm sorry wolf, I didn't mean to do that. I was just so very heart broken. Thank you for rejecting him, I wouldn't have been able to do that. I told my wolf half. 

It's okay Skylar, I have felt the pain you felt, and I understood. She's very understanding. 

 So wolf, what did you mean, when you said. I was expecting. What did you mean? I only made love once, and it was in the heat of the moment. I couldn't get pregnant, by just one time. can I? Wolf was silent, and I got a little scared. 

 I'm pregnant, aren't I? She didn't tell me I wasn't. So I guess I am. 

So that would make me about two months pregnant? I should really get a job. 

Yep, we could get one working with animals? Yeah, i would like to work with animals.

How about a Zoo?

Perfect!

Good.

 I take the next stop, at a bus station. I walked back, and forth. Waiting for the bus. I looked every where, and saw couples. Loving couple, who never lied to each other, and would have told the girlfriend, that his mate, was the girl who stole her mate. 

"All aboard!" I was so in tune with my thoughts that I never heard the bus come. I was jarred, and pushed about. 

"Hey my name's Josh. Is this seat here taken?"I look up, and the tears had made my eye sight blurry. I just shook my head. 

 He put his arm around my shoulders, and I leaned into him. Wanting the comfort, but at the same time freaking out. "what's wrong? Tell me everything little wolf girl?" And I did, after awhile. We got to talking and I learned he worked for the zoo. 

"Do you know a place I could stay?" We had become very fast friends. He was a werewolf, on the run, and I was a wolf in need of some healing. 

"My old roommate moved out a week ago, you could stay with me. If you stay long enough, you'll have to have some help with the little one. " He set his hand on my back. Ushering me along. 

"I guess, but I can't have any kind of relationship. Other than friendship, I have a man waiting back at him for me. He just lied to me, and it hurt me. I'll go back at some point, because I love him, and he loves me. But i'm teaching him a lesson, I think I am. He just better realize that liars never prosper. But I do miss him" 

"Here we are, home sweet home." It was pretty big. 

"Home many rooms did you say?" He laughed at my shocked expression.

"I didn't say, but there's three bedrooms, and two baths. A living room, a dinning room, and a kitchen. There's a really big yard too." I smiled, and we made are way to the door. I got moved in, and then we went to see about a job.

***

 "That as so scary! When do you think he'll call me back, so I know if I got it?" We were driving to a super-center, and a baby store. 

"We have to get you some clothes." We spent four hours picking out clothes, and I barely get a closet full. We get to the baby store, and I have a blast. I feel in love with everything, the cute little shoes, the bibs, the cribs, the everything! I picked a green onesi that said 'Everyone loves Babies.' A Binky, and a little stuffed wolf. 

 When we get to the house his phone rings. "It's for you Sky!" I run toward him, almost tripping in the process. 

"Hello?" I sounded breathless.

"Can you start tomorrow?" I squeal, and jump up and down. I mouth, I got the job.

"Yes! I can!" 

"Good i'll see you tomorrow." He hangs up the phone, and I grab Josh in a big bear hug. Josh has long blonde hair, and dark blue eyes. He's tall, tan, and handsome. But not like Chase.

No one is as handsome as Chase.

I agree with you wolf, but he hurt us bad. But I really do miss him.

Me too.

Do you think we should go back, and forgive him?

No! I want to too. But if we do then he'll think he can lie to us again, and I can't loose you again. It was an experience I never want to have again. 

Okay then we wont go back yet. But what if he finds us? 

Then we'll go back sooner. If he comes for us then we now for sure that he loves us, and not that...that....Bitch Paige! We both howl out as if pain, the only reason he would say the name Paige, is if he was thinking about her. But I really wish he were here. I wonder what he's doing right know.