prologue

Skylar

 I'm finally going to go home! I will finally meet my Mate! How wonderful. I have spent the last seven years in a private school of nothing but girls. I did make a wonderful friend, her name is Cindy. She has sleek brown hair, and green eyes. She was the only woman, not the least bit snobby.

 Okay before I get to my horrible story of meeting my mate. I have black curly hair, thanks to my mother, and blackish blue eyes, thanks to my father, or was it my grand-father. Anyway, I had had a misunderstanding, with the head master. SO i missed the Alpha's mating ceremony, something I shouldn't have missed.

 I get home and the Alpha, Alpha Mark. Meets me at the door with his new mate, and I gasp, it's the snob Paige Colic's. I freeze my expression, and tripped, which concludes the touch. The first touch, and the last touch of my mate.

 We brush hands, and I felt an electric shock. I stupidly scream. "Your My Mate!" I was then kicked in my gut soundly, thrown across the room, and laid on the ground groaning. I looked up at Mark, and pleaded with my eyes. 

 But he just shook his head, and pulled up his hand. My eyes widen, and I tried to scramble away. But it was to late, he grabbed my hand, and takes his claws to the spot his mate mark would be and put the letter R, for rejected. I screamed in agony, the pain was so intense. 

 I looked up at his face, and saw nothing he didn't care. He didn't care that his mate, his one true mate, was on the floor screaming in agony. He then took his right hand, pinned me to the ground and clawed an R into my arm, standing for Rouge. A double R, Rejected, and now a Rouge.

 I said good bye to my Mom, and Dad. Not even getting to see them for an hour, after seven years of private school. The black dog that visited me every once and a while, I never got to say bye to him either. I had no one, not even the mate who was supposed to love me, and only me forever. He chose her, and he rejected me.

 I stood up on wobbly legs, and I looked around with my blurry eyes. I stood straight, and proud. I walked away, from my family. From my pack, and from the one thing that was supposed to cherish, and love me above all else, my Mate. 

That is how I ended up at my friend Cindy's house, sopping wet and crying. She told me that I could stay, on one condition. I tell her everything. Which I did, and turns out, her step-brother is a werewolf prince. He was coming to visit her in a month, to check up on his favorite sister. 

 She showed me a picture, he had black as night hair, and green as emerald's eyes. I learned some important facts. He's nineteen. Lost his mate, to a gun shot wound. Is the prince, (next-in line Alpha) of his father's pack. And is looking for a Replacement Mate, to help take over his pack, and bare him cubs.

 So this is where my story begin's.

 In one month, a werewolf is coming to visit his step-sister, Cindy, who is my best friend. Stay at her house for a month, and hang out. I am still moping about the house, thinking of ending my pain. In one month my future could turn for the worse or for the better.

 I have three options. one-Go to the Alpha, and plead my case to stay on his territory, or get killed. Two-Run away again, and get killed. Or three-Meet the prince, hope to take his fancy, or get killed. Boy! Which one should I chose, not a single one has any good endings.

 If only my Mate hadn't Rejected me, and made me a Rouge. All in the same day. The double R, never a good looking tattoo, on a werewolf. Especially a female wolf. So here I am sitting on my bed in my friends guest room, thinking about what I should do. Go to the Alpha, Run away, or Meet the Prince, in a month. What lovely choices! (Not)