Chapter 1

Please read Authors note at end!

        "Adriana Alya Jade!" Great yet another morning when I have to wake up by my grandmother or mother shouting at me know through the intercom to come to one of her many rooms in our palace. Ok, before I get to far into my life without you knowing who or what I am, let me introduce myself. I am Adriana Alya Jade, Princess of Jade Islands. I am 13. And instead of having an alarm clock to wake up to like a normal person, I am woken up every morning by either my mother or grandmother yelling for me. Today though, I got lucky when my mom yelled for me to get up. (You don't want to know...!) By the time she had yelled for me to get up at 7:00 in the stinking morning, I- being the only smart and organized person in my ' Royal Family'- had been up since 5:45 that same morning, because at 12:00 that afternoon I had to go meet the person I had to get married when I turned 16... or is it 17? Anyway, I was absolutely, positively, horrified that I had an arranged wedding. I mean come on people this isn't the 18th century anymore! I mean I haven't, and won't be able to go on a date after today, given I would only in 7th grade if I were to go to an actual school...

"Adriana! Get yourself downstairs and into my office!" My mother yelled to me again.

"Yes mother, but may I please ask which one you are in? You have so many rooms it is hard to keep track of which one you are in," I say with mock politeness.

"Adriana Jade! Come to my office that is connected to my bedroom! Right this instant young lady or else I will make sure you will be married a year earlier than planned! Is that clear young lady!?"  mother dearest yelled through the intercom. Heh! She thinks she can threaten mwah! I highly doubt that.... Wait, I haven't even met the guy much less his family!

"Fine mother! I am on my way!" I yelled through the intercom before running into the hall and hopping on the elevator. Geeze! Annoying much? How have I not run away yet... Wait I take that back! I have run away before; my older brother, Gavin dared me to when I was 9. Hey don't judge me! I didn't want him to look at me like I was a helpless little baby!!! Gavin is like 18 now. He-as of right now- is out in Australia with my father on business. Ah.. How I miss Gavin. He has been gone for about 1 year... I actually had a crush on his friend Logan when I was like 8. So... Ok. Wait? Where is the office again... Oh yeah, its right around this corner... Dang it! It's not there!  Ok where is one of my maids when I need them?Ok so I bet that you are wondering why I can't find her office. Well when I turned 8 my parents sent me away for a couple years because, when I actually turned 7 a couple attempts have been made on my life. So  not even 1 year later my parents sent me off to boarding school in  a small town called Hastings in Minnesota, to live with some old friends. I went there a few times before. The parents were Ann and Bill; they had 4 kids; Croix being the oldest at 13, Ryder being the second oldest at 8, River being the only girl was 5 and the youngest boy, Creed at age 2. Right now Croix is about 16, Ryder is 11, River is 8 and Creed is 5. Oh... and when I was in Minnesota I had a huge, major crush on Croix. I still do even though the next time I see him he will probably be engaged, married or have a girlfriend. *sigh* I really do like Croix.  I only got back a few days ago...To bad I have to get married to someone I don't even know... oh wait, here is one of the maids. "Hey you! Show me where my mothers room is!" I snapped at her. What can I say? I already know how much of a brat I am. I am going to rule the kingdom one day so what?!

"But of course, your majesty, " she said politely.  "Right this way, Princess." As she led me to the office I began daydreaming about my soon to be husband... what would he look like, who is he, does he want to get married?

"Finally Adriana! Whatever took you so long?" My mother asked me not very politely snapping me out of my trance. "You are dismissed," she said to the maid. "Now Adriana, you are going to meet your husband today. I can imagine how excited you are!  Now he is going to be here in about 5 hours. So go take a shower and I will have one of the maids help you get ready," she instructed me.  Yes, really it is going to take me 5 hours to get ready. My mom is just one of those people. Everything has to be perfect.

"Ok, yes mother. May I please ask you one thing?" I say trying to sound innocent.

"Yes, make it quick. You have to get ready, Adriana"

"May you please call one of the maids here. I will need help getting back to my room. And also to answer your question from earlier; I got lost trying to get here," I told her with coldness in my voice.

*5 hours later*

Finally I'm ready. I'm wearing a white, sparkly dress with 8 inch heels topped off with my 45 carat diamond earrings and matching necklace.  My hair is done up in a fancy thingy I don't know the name of.

"Mother, I am done," I tell her through the intercom.

"Good. Now come to the formal parlor. They will be here in 10 minutes. Have a maid bring you down to the parlor," she instructed me.

"Hey you!" I snapped at a maid that was in my room. "Bring me to the formal parlor. NOW!"

"Yes, of course your majesty. Right this way princess Adriana," she replied politely. As we left I started daydreaming again about my soon to be husband. Well most importantly who he was! I knew almost every royal family and their ancestors.  (no, no, that's not weird at all. (to me of course.)) Which isn't my fault! My grandmother made me start memorizing every royal family tree when I was 5! Eight years later I still haven't finished memorizing them! I'm close though I only have about 3 left though. "Here you are your majesty, " the maid told me politely snapping me out of my daydream.

"Thank you," I replied politely.

"Adriana, you are finally here! He is going to be here any minute now!" My mother said to me. "Now who designed this dress?" She asked the maid.

"It is Gucci, your majesty. The owner designed it. It is the only one in the world," the maid told my mother.

"And the shoes?"

"Channel, your majesty."

"Handbag?"

Oops, almost forgot that!" The maid said politely. She handed me a cute silver wristlet. "Coach, your majesty." A butler came into the formal parlor.

“You are dismissed,” my mother said to the maid. She turned to the butler.”Yes?”

“Your majesty,” the butler said to my mother. “They have arrived. They are outside the door right now.”

“Let them in, then you are dismissed, Alfred,” my told him curtly. Hmmm… so the butler’s name was Alfred. That will be useful sometime…

“Come in, come in,” my mother gestured towards the door. I looked to the door and saw...

****Auhors Note****

Hey People!! I just ant to make a point here... this WHOLE BOOK is decitated to DarkHorse101 for helping me out with just about EVERYTHING! 

                                                                                    IMPORTIANT THINGS:

1) Please do not copy this book! I wrote it and it took alot of time. Plus, I don't like people taking credit fo things that they didn't do!

2) Please vote and comment. No bad comments but, give me any cretique and/or ideas! Those are always welcome!

3) Can somebody help me put pictures on here I have her dress that she wears for meeting her husband.

THANKS!!! Pic of her dress is on the side! It's super cute isn't it!?!?!

~ForeverAndAlwaysLive         <3

P.S. please keep in mind that the picture is NOT Adriana! It's just the dress she is wearing!