He nodded, eyes suddenly sparkling again. It made me want to lock myself in my room and paint them with every little detail, just to catch the expression, to preserve the look of relief and unrestrained happiness in them. I was so focused on them, that I didn't even realize he was leaning in until his lips met mine.

My eyes immediately fluttered shut as my hands clung onto his neck, every cell of my body screaming for more. I had no idea how I had endured seven days without this. It was like tripping out after a week of withdrawal.

I kissed him until I needed to take a breath, still clinging onto him, not willing to let go anytime soon.

"I missed you," Hunter breathed, eyes still shut.

"I'm sorry," I muttered.

Hunter's eyes suddenly snapped open. "Don't apologize. None of this is your fault. It's Victoria's and Sean's and your parents'. And mine, because I brought you to that bar and didn't pay more attention."

Glaring at him, I backed away just a little. "I'm going to punch you if you say something this stupid again." As he stared at me blankly, I groaned: "Hunter, you didn't force me to go there. I chose so myself. And I enjoyed it. How many times do I have to tell you that? That Sean was there was unfortunate, but how could either of us know that? It happened, it's over. Sooner or later, I would've had to tell my parents anyway."

Hunter still looked utterly confused. "How are you so okay with all of this?"

"I'm not, but I can't change anything about it now, can I? I'll just have to get used to it. It might take a while, but I will. As long as we are together, I'll manage," I said softly, even though it sounded cheesy, and finally pushed the stray strands of hair out of his eyes.

Hunter caught my hand in the process and brought it to his mouth, lightly brushing his lips against my knuckles. "Then you don't have to worry. I'm not planning on letting you go that easily anytime soon."

I laughed quietly. "We really are corny today, huh?"

Hunter smiled a little, looking down. "I think we deserve a bit of cheesiness after this week." When he looked back up, his face was serious again. "They didn't do anything to you, did they?"

I thought of the few moments when my father had been close to losing control, when he had lifted his hand and had been seconds from actually lashing out. Repressing that memory, I shook my head. "They wouldn't go that far."

Hunter looked convinced and incredibly relieved and leaned down to kiss me once more. When he broke away again he said: "We should get out of here. I'll find a way to get in touch with you and then we'll find a way to meet. Alright?"

"Yes," I said, even though I would've liked to stay here like this forever. "I'll go first?"

He nodded before he suddenly pulled me into a hug. For a second, I was frozen in shock, then I buried my face in the crook of his neck and wrapped my arms around him. As strange as it was, we had really only hugged once before, after my brief panic attack in his kitchen the other day. Just like then, the gesture was almost startlingly comforting, Hunter's chin resting on my head and his hands splayed against my back.

"Be careful, okay? I don't want you to... get in trouble," Hunter muttered.

I nodded and reluctantly let go of him. Then I opened the door and stepped out into the corridor, not looking around to avoid seeming suspicious. Victoria was leaning against the lockers at the end of the hallway, smirking at me. I suppressed a triumphant grin and shot her a cold look instead.

When I hurried away from the room and Hunter, I was pleased to see that she was following me. She wouldn't notice him leaving the same room in a few minutes.