Chapter 1

A sequel to mortal kombat 9 x reader (BTW Kung Jin will be bisexual in this)

The scene opens in a cave adorned with stone statues. The watchers point of view pans down to show various human-like figures, who are in fact the Elder Gods. Johnny Cage begins a narration. "Millions of years ago, Shinnok, one of the Elder Gods, turned on his fellow deities and invaded the Earthrealm" The watchers point of view finishes it's pan down, revealing Shinnok cowering before five of the Elder Gods, who's statues tower over him. The scene cuts to a shot of a chain, and the camera pans up to show Shinnok imprisoned in them amongst stone deceptions of hellish scenery. "Raiden and the Elder Gods stopped Shinnok. Locked him up in the Netherrealm" The shot fades into another, a slow pan over a stone warhammer that reveals Outworld's most notorious emperor.

"Others followed in Shinnok's footsteps, like Outworld's emperor Shao Kahn, who was obsessed with conquering Earthrealm." Cut to a shot of a Raiden statue, poised to fight, with the Mortal Kombat's iconic dragon logo behind him. On opposite sides of the logo stand statues of Goro and Shang Tsung "So Raiden convinced the Elder Gods to intact the Mortal Kombat tournament as a way to even the odds... give Earthrealm a chance" The watchers point of view pans past Raiden to centre on the logo itself, then it fades into a shot of Kano duelling Sonya, before circling around a deception of Johnny facing three Tarkatans at once, then to (name) taking on Quan Chi "For generations, Shao Kahn followed the Elder Gods' rules. The war moved to the arena, where he sent his toughest fighters to challenge Raiden's greatest defenders in Mortal Kombat"

The watchers point of view pans over to Liu Kang punching a hole in Shao Kahn's chest, with background noise of the fight sounding out over Johnny's narration. "Two years ago, we beat him" In the background noise, Liu Kang's final blow of the bout is heard, as is Shao Kahn's death scream. "But Shao Kahn wasn't ready to lose" Cut to another shot of statues, this one showing Tarkatans attacking Earthrealm's military forces. The screams and sounds of slaughter are once again heard in the background "He violated the rules of Mortal Kombat and invaded Earthrealm "Some of Earth's defenders - our friends - were killed. Turned into evil undead warriors"

Fade into the statue of Shao Kahn, now ensnared and being bitten by dragon serpents - the Elder Gods in corporeal form and (name) poised in a position with her right leg firmly planted on the ground holding her up with her upper half leaning to her right and her left leg curled up to her chest ready to kick her left arm straight forward and her right near her chest both fists are clenched as her face shows anger and rage. His mighty Warhammer falls to his side and out of frame. The statue begins to crumble into pieces.

"Despite the odds, we stopped Shao Kahn's invasion. As punishment, the Elder Gods destroyed him by using our friends body as the vessel but we also paid the price" As the watchers point of view pans up to his face, we hear one last cry of defeat from Kahn as his statue completely falls apart then switches to look at (Name)'s statue as it breaks and erodes away into dust. The watchers point of view cuts to and circles around another statue, this one holding a familiar looking amulet with an emerald at its centre "We thought the long nightmare was over. But it turns out that Shinnok had been manipulating events" The watchers point of view finishes panning up to Shinnok's face, and also shows a statue of Quan Chi over his shoulder "Shao Kahn's invasion, his death... all part of Shinnok's plan to escape the Netherrealm and resume his war on the Elder Gods"

It fades into an Earthrealm city in Japan devastated by war. A dead soldier falls on his front, an ugly gaping hole where his face should be. Others run past his body, and suddenly a large flying beast that resembles a gargoyle grabs one of these soldiers, lifts him into the air and drops him. Another soldier is tackled into the concrete by a demon moving almost too fast to see. Several other soldiers meet the same fate.