"That, Draco," she said, taking a small bite of her croissant. "-was for your utter stupidity."

Draco only looked at her, waiting for her to continue. 

"How you could think that Harry isn't head over bloody heels for you escapes me completely." she said, staring directly at him. "He loves you, his kids love you, what can't you see?"

"He-"

"Also, the next time you're going to mention your sex life, warn me first so that I can plug my ears." Pansy added.

Draco blushed and glared, then continued. "I-I've done things, Pans-"

"We all have, Draco!" she said, voice rising slightly. "I'm sure even the Golden Boy has done things that he regrets!"

Draco nodded quietly, remembering a conversation that he and Harry had had not even a day ago, Harry clutching to Draco and whispering about how he didn't blame Snape, he had never really blamed him, Dumbledore was already dying before that, thanks to him. 

Seeing that, Pansy smirked victoriously. "See? He has his own issues. You're both head over heels for each other, it's sickening. And besides," her voice dropped. "Blaise and I have a bet going on how long it takes one of you to ask the other, and who'll ask first." 

Draco groaned, momentarily distracted. "Pansy, why do you feel the need to bet on other people's lives?"

"Because," Pansy said simply. "It makes for good sex."

Draco spit his mouthful of coffee back into his drink, grimacing in disgust, then, remembering his dilemma, he wilted again, taking another sip.

Pansy groaned louder than he had. "Draco," she said, taking another bite. "Tell me one thing."

Draco looked at her expectantly, nodding once.

"Can you see yourselves together, married?"

Draco thought back on the last summer that he had spent with Harry and his kids, marveling at how it seemed so much longer. Then he thought to the future, imagining Draco coming back from his shop ("don't judge, Pansy.") every night, seeing Harry at home, waiting for him. Waiting anxiously whenever Harry had to go in for field work, then the overwhelming relief that he would surely feel when he came back safe.

He'd introduced him to so many wonderful things, so many inventions that he would've never found out about, and above all, the simple pleasure of having someone to hold at night that wasn't just after his money or ruined status.

Nodding shyly, he looked down at his drink.

Pansy scoffed. "Then just do it!" she said, slamming her hand down on the table, scaring the other patrons again.

"Merlin, Pans, calm down!" Draco hissed. Then he stopped. "I'm guessing you bet on me?" he asked.

Pansy nodded proudly. "If I win, Blaise has to **** my ******, and then he has to **-"

"Okay!" Draco said, holding up a hand to stop her. "I get it!"

Pansy smirked slyly, then leaned in closer to him.

"Hey Draco?" she asked.

"What?"

"If you don't ask him, I'm going to tell you everything I have to do to Blaise when Harry does." she said, smiling sweetly.

 Draco choked on his coffee that he had (stupidly) taken a drink of. 'Note to self,' he thought. 'Never take a sip of anything when Pansy's talking.'

"Merlin, Pansy." he said, holding his throat. "Please don't."

"Then ask him." she said smugly.

Draco sighed. "Okay."

Seeing Pansy smiling at him, he held his chin up and scoffed. "If only that I want to be the one to do it first." 

Pansy rolled her eyes. "Of course, Draco. Now come along." she said, standing up, slamming a few Muggle bills down on the table and holding out her hand to him. "We're going on the search for a perfect ring."

"Now?" Draco asked in disbelief.

"Of course now. I don't exactly trust you to buy the best ring for him, and besides, even if you can, I want to be there."

Sighing, Draco took her hand and stood up too, checking to see if any Muggles were looking before transforming his mug into a to-go cup.

Walking outside hand in hand, they turned into an alley and Apparated, leaving behind only the terrified patrons.

A/N

WELL. NEW DEVELOPMENT. 

I now realize that the 'contest' I created in the last chapter is near impossible, there are waaaaay too many names that begin with A-G to even begin guessing, so if anyone still wants to guess, it starts with a C.

Dedicated to @dragonflyingmarauder because  MY INNOCENT CHILDREN.

I'm feeling emotional so yeah:

Anyone who reads this is beautiful :3

Thank you SO MUCH for reading this.

Also: to anyone who has ever been told they 'can't wear that,' whether it's a girl who can't wear guy clothes, or clothes that are 'too revealing,' or a guy who can't wear 'girly' clothes and the like, YOU CAN WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT. THEY HAVE NO SAY IN THAT. 

Over and out

~C?