That seat's taken

Start from the beginning

He fiddled with it for a moment, trying to put it back together before giving up and throwing it forward and grabbing his phone from his back pocket, feeling the fabric was ripped. He let out a low whistle as he noticed the top of his iPhone had been blown off by a bullet, he didn't even notice it in the heat of the moment. Elena remained silent as she watched him.

Her hair was everywhere, bundled into a messy bun at the back of her head and falling about her face. Her mask sat beside on the table, the dark makeup around her eyes was smudged slightly in the corners and her lipstick was on the back of her right hand, oily and shining in the dim pub light.

"We must keep moving," Harry said, tucking his phone into his back pocket, "Louis is on the opposite side of the city, it's best we stay somewhere overnight and return tomorrow."

Without a word Elena nodded and stood back up, moving out of the booth, Harry frowned.

"Where do you think you're going?" he hissed, the amount of running they had done made his voice raspier. Elena sighed, "Bathroom."

She didn't say anything else as she walked away, her heels remained on her seat but soon a tall shadow took over. Harry's hand immediately went to his jacket pocket.

"Don't even think about it, Styles. Or else we shoot the girl."

..

Harry clenched his jaw, removing his hand from his jacket where his fingers had curled around the handle of his gun. His eyes flicked up to the face of the man before him. But it was clouded in shadow.

Harry instead observed his figure. His short brown hair caught the dim light from the bar and his brown eyes were empty, shining through the dull pub. His white dress shirt was rolled up, revealing numerous tattoos. Harry's eyes flicked to the small cobra on his left wrist, noticing it's specific design and recognising it.

"Liam?" he looked at the man, his mouth opened slightly as the man before him stepped into the light. Liam walked forward and smiled slightly, but it looked cold on his structured face.

"Harry,' he nodded, still standing beside the table as Harry stared at him in awe. "I would like to say it's great to see you, but unfortunately it's not."

Harry nodded, eyes flicking to the gun Liam held in his hand, he clenched his jaw, going for his own before Liam clicked his tongue.

"Remember what I said. I'm not the only one here for you. In fact, my partner is in the bathroom with that girl of yours while we have a little talk."

He sat down in the seat Elena had once occupied, placing his gun beside him as Harry fixed him with a cold stare, his fingers just itching to reach for his own gun.

But he had made a promise to Elena; to keep her safe. It was true, when he first promised he honestly didn't care if she got hurt or not. He wasn't an evil man, but just one on the road to revenge, and he was willing to do whatever to get it.

But now he felt himself caring for her, even though he had barely known her a few days and honestly, they hadn't talked much but he could see she was a fascinating character, although she hid it well. He hated it that he found himself caring, knowing what happened last time he had cared for a woman.

He leaned back in his chair, placing his hands on the table in front of him, they sat eye level, Harry glaring while Liam just smirked.

Harry sighed, "What happened to you Liam? I thought you left Chloe and the organisation for good. And I wondering how you did it, seeing as Chloe usually just kills the ones who wish to leave."