Motherly instinct

Nobody POV

"No no no no." Cancer kept muttering all the way back to the castle. "Shh, it's ok." Capricorn comforted her. "No! It's really not! I might kill you and the baby!!!!" She was hyperventilating. The baby seemed to calm down and cooed quietly.

"Here take a seat." Capricorn gently pushed her down on the couch. "Take her and leave." Cancer said. "What?!" Capricorn was astonished. "Please, I don't want you two to die." She pleaded. Cancer could feel the other her clawing back into her head.

"I can't just leave you." Capricorn took the baby. "Yes....you....can." Her words slurred as she fell on the ground. Capricorn gasped and made the decision to hide.

Leo dived to the left as the beast almost trampled him. Libra was firing arrows at any weak spots she saw. "Libra! Gemini! Leave, go to Python!" Leo announced. "What we can't leave you!" Libra called. "I'm ordering you to leave!" Leo growled. Gemini clenched her hands and grabbed Libra's arm and pulled. It was just Scorpio, Aries, and Leo.

This was not going according to plan. Leo was huffing and running out of energy fast. The beast seemed completely fine considering the damage done to it. It lashed out and the tips of its claws nicked Aries across the chest, blood welled and tainted to river as he feel onto his back.

"We are dead." Scorpio hissed.

It was freezing, everybody they had collected was complaining about the cold and pleaded for them to make a fire. Taurus kept refusing over and over again. "Screw this." A man held out a lit match and put it near a pile of wood.

Taurus kicked dirt onto the fire and onto the man. The man sputtered and spit out dirt. "What the hell man?!" He hissed. "You sit your ass down and shut your mouth, if you light that match this whole village is done." Taurus was on his last straw. When were they done? Or did they die?

Virgo was shivering in the wind she could only imagine how cold the others must be, in a river and wet. "Hey you ok?" Pisces scooted next to her to keep warm. "Ya, just worried." Virgo admitted. "Don't worry, they will survive." Pisces wrapped an arm around Virgo.

Capricorn felt like crying, the baby he was running with began to start fussing and make small noises. He needed to hide for the time being. He ran into a dark room and locked it. He sat in the floor and rocked the baby to keep her from crying.

He held his breath as he heard a scratching noise coming closer to him. He felt like his heart was beating so hard it would burst from his chest. "Where are youuuu, we didn't finish what we started last time." She sang.

Cap closed his eyes and prayed she would pass his door. He heard a loud crash and held in a gasp. She had kicked in the door to the room next to him. The baby began to quietly whine. Capricorn shushed her and kept rocking her

Another crash startled the baby and she began bawling on the top of her lungs. "No no no no!" Capricorn stood up, ready for her to come through the door. "I hear you...." A whisper came through the other side of the door, sending shivers down Cap's spine.

The door stood no chance against Cancer. She held a bloody knife in her hand, she must have already killed someone, maybe a servant. "Aw what a cutie." She waved her knife around. "Get away." Cap took a step back. "I wasn't talking to you was I?" She glared at him with chilling eyes.

"Give me the baby." She ordered. "Hell no." Capricorn yelled. "Fine, I'll just take her." Cancer lunged for the baby. Cap moved out of the way and gently placed the baby on the bed and turned to face Cancer.

"You aren't getting anywhere near her." He hissed. "I can try." She slashed her knife in unpredictable directions until Cap caught her hands and held them still. "Fight her!" He yelled in her face. Cancer seemed to flinch for a moment but then grinned. She brought her face down and her teeth dug into Cap's arm. He hissed and let go.

He fell into the bed and gasped as he saw the knife heading towards him. He stopped her hand and saw the edge of the knife so close to his neck. He tried pushing back but Cancer had all her weight pushing against him.

"Look at her." Cap struggled saying. "What?" She said with annoyance. "Look. At. The. Baby." He grunted as the tip of the knife touched his skin and began working its way in. Cancer glanced at the baby who was now bawling. "Why is she crying?" Cancer blinked and looked at Cap.

He felt her loosen a little. Cancer still had her eyes on the baby, something inside her warmed to the sight of a precious baby, her baby. "How do you stop her crying?" Her eyes seemed to soften. "Hold her, she needs her mother." He said. He couldn't believe he was going to trust a killer to hold a baby.

She let go of the knife and went to the baby. She put a finger in the baby's soft cheek and she slowed her crying. "She wants her mother." Capricorn put the knife away from Cancer and got up. "A mother?" Cancer instinctively held the baby.

Cap smiled warmly at the sight. Cancer planted a light kiss on the baby's forehead and she fell sound asleep. "See, you're already a natural."

(Picture just for setting)

"Am I?" Cancer looked at Cap

"Am I?" Cancer looked at Cap. He approached her and looked down at her. He tilted her chin up and gave a slow kiss to her, making it seem like it was his last time to kiss anyone ever. He pulled away and put his forehead to her's. "We are a family." He whispered and left a light kiss on her head.

(This pic looks like the actual cancer pic I chose in the characters chapter, so cuuuute!)