The daily life of death!

(I have been waiting to write this perspective, gonna be charming and funny)

Ophichus POV, year 2016 (death can time travel)

Him? No, too young. Ooo her? Eh too much work, I don't feel like hearing loud screaming right now. I sighed, I couldn't find the right person to end, soul stealing is a lot harder then you think.

I was by a large house with overflowing people, must be a party. I remembered when I partied...oh wait, I NEVER did I was born when the earth was. I always saw death I have never seen the gift of life, it kind of makes me sick.

Life is just....ugh, just the word. Honestly life is a lot worse then me, at least I can make the painful process go faster, buuuut unfortunately you'll live a life of never ending darkness so most people prefer life. My little friend, his name is God, always has to disrupt my soul stealing and save the person's life and then I have to go hungry for the night.

Who does that?! That's abuse I tell you! Life and death? Ha! Nobody cares about death, eh I can't blame them. The lonely little grim reaper, built to end life, never began them, it's more fun anyway.

I spotted a small boy, well he was small to me he looked to be in his late teens. He was sitting solemnly on the couch, away from the really party. I pitied him, the poor boy that just couldn't party, oh well dinner is dinner.

"Hey!" A girl around his age sat on the couch next to him. "Ruby! I thought you weren't coming!" The boy exclaimed and a huge grin spread across his face. I froze in my steps, my dark clothing halting with me.

"I wouldn't want to missing hanging out with you, nerd, the rest or the people here only care about booze, drugs, and making out." She rolled her eyes. I squinted at the boy, he seemed nervous I could tell, he was fiddling with his fingers.

The girl adjusted her glasses and her skirt as she shuffled. "You just called me a nerd? Look whose talking!" The blonde boy playfully punched her. "I'm just kidding we are both nerds and I'm not ashamed of it." She put her chin out. "I know you aren't." He laughed.

"Want something to drink?" The boy stood up. "Lawrence." The girl gave a stern look. "PUNCH of course!" The boy put his hands up. "That's right." She smiled and then shooed him away. I followed the boy to the punch table.

The boy seemed to hunch over and try to hid himself, that didn't work out well, he continued to get shoved and pushed. He quickly grabbed a cup and poured red punch and added ice.

"Here you are." He handed the cup to Ruby. "Did you spike it?" She stared at it suspiciously. "Why would I do that?!" Lawrence gasped. "Because I'm irresistible." She smirked. "Oh Ruby." Lawrence laughed.

This boy loved her, should I crush that love or let it blossom? Maybe I'll continue watching to make my decision. "Hey let's take a picture!" Ruby pulled out her phone. Lawrence moved closer to her and I could feel his heartbeat rise, humans are so weak, giving in to every feeling they have.

"Say cheese!" She clicked the button.