15. Surprises

Chloe's pov

     I was irritated, Mark came and got me two hours early. As I walked in the house, I slammed the door behind me before Mark could get in.
"Excuse me, little girl," he said, "we do not slam doors." I knew I was gonna lecture and I didn't want to hear it,
"Whatever, whatever," I started to walk away.
"Come here," he seemed to be in a better mood, or at least calming down. "I really need to talk to you."
"Am I in trouble for slamming the door?" I honestly got scared. I didn't mean to get angry with him, I was just happy with my friends.
"No it's about something I found in your bag," he seemed nervous. Does he think I'll be mad that he looked in my stuff?
      "Why were you looking in my bag?" I asked. He sat at the dining table, and motioned me to sit across.
      "When I dropped you off, Chica came running out with it," he put his head in hands, like he was stressed, "I didn't want to go through your personal items, but-"
      "Chica pulled something out, didn't she?" I asked. Mark nodded. "I kinda taught her to do that."
       "Chloe," Mark stood up coming by me. I turned to face him, still sitting in the chair. "Let me see your arms."
      "Why? There's nothing there," I said. Mark gave me his 'I'm being serious not stop playing around' look.
      I took off my light jacket, and held out arms. Mark flipped them over. Nothing was there. He hugged me.
       "Thank god," he held me tight. I hugged back.
       "Why did you want to see my arms?" I asked. He pulled away and knelt down.
       "I saw the note," I looked at him confused, "the one that told you to kill yourself." I looked down, and he hugged me again.
       "Sorry I didn't tell you," I hugged him tight and cried.
       "I'm proud of you," he said, "knowing how things were for you, you could've actually done it or cut your arms. You stayed strong."
       "I wasn't able to do it on my own," I paused to wipe my eyes, and take a deep breathe. Before I could say anything else, Mark said,
      "Come on, I'll take you back to friend's." I didn't feel like going back, at least not anymore.
      "No I want to stay here with you," I said. Mark smiled at me, and I smiled back.
     After I had got myself together, and was calm, Mark took me out for ice cream. With what he said earlier, I never thought about cutting. It wasn't my type of thing. I would rather block out the world. I knew I had to tell him more about the situation, and I just do not know how.