XIII: Invitation

XIII: Invitation

“Aw honey. Don’t worry about it. Everything will be okay,” my mother said as she pulled me into her arms.

“I swear I’ll kill that son of a-”

“Your father agrees with me,” my mother interrupted quickly. “Don’t let it hurt you that much dear. You have a bright future ahead. Don’t let that faze you.” I nodded and snuggled closer into her bosom.

“Thanks mom. Thanks dad.”

“Tell me if you want me to step in, honey. Because I will,” my dad said while cracking his knuckles. “He thinks he can just come in here and-”

“Let’s just let it go honey. Just a bump in the road. Abby’s an independent young woman who can handle this by herself.” My father nodded and my mother removed herself from my grasp. She tucked me into bed and turned off the lights before leaving the room with my father.

Day I.

Domain Bacteria contains single celled prokaryotes with no internal membranes. They play a role as decomposers that recycle dead organisms. Many are pathogens and cause diseases.

“Hey Abby.”

My head jolted up quickly from the textbook and I winced in pain. Finally regaining my composure, I turned my attention to the boy in front of me.

“What do you want, Dylan?” I seethed.

“Uh, um, I uh…” he stuttered.

“Nothing? Cool. Lunch is over. Bye,” I stated as I walked out of the library doors.

Day II.

Phylum arthopoda contains insects, crustaceans, and arthropods. They are invertabrates with joined appendages. They have segmented bodies with a head, thorax, and abdomen.

“Hi Abby.”

“Dylan. Go. Away.”

“Can’t we just have a friendly conver-”

“No.”

Day III.

Phylum echinodermata contains starfish and sea urchins. They are invertebrates with bilateral symmetry as embryos and primal radial symmetry as adults.

“Hey! Abby!”

“Oh my god,” I said under my breath.

“Stop avoiding me, will ya?”

“It’s a free country, Dylan.”

“Nice to know. Can we just talk? Please?” he asked with a look on his face that I almost couldn’t resist. Stop it! You are Abigail Ryan. Not the Abby he knew from over the summer. Scratch that! Scratch that memory out of your brain! It never happened!

“No. Bye.” I started to speed walk toward the exit of the library, but he caught my elbow before I could make it. Curse those athletic reflexes…

“Do you think you could come to the game this Friday?”

I scoffed. “Are you kidding me?” I asked incredulously.

“No. Please come to the game this Friday. For me?”

“Uh… No. Why would I go for a stranger?” I placed one hand on my hip and looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

“Actually no you don’t have to come for me but, uh, for school spirit?” he suggested

“I’ll think about it,” I said finally, trying to end the pointless conversation between us.

“Great! I’ll, uh, see you Friday? If you come that is. I mean you don’t have to but if you do, I’ll see you there. So, uh, bye Abby,” he said hurriedly as he left the library.

So I was just invited to a football game. Whoop dee doo. What now? Riiiiiiiing. I’ll think about it later. School first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think she’ll go to the game? Or will she ignore the invitation?  Why do you think Dylan wants her to come to the game? Vote and comment! Follow for updates! Thanks for reading!