44

Kathryn's pov

"Are you seriously leaving right now?" I asked as Nate pulled his pants up.

"Yeah. I don't want to but it's business." He said as he put his shirt over his head. I scoffed and covered my head with the blanket.
"Kathryn it's important. There's a big dealership and I could make a lot off of this, okay. I need you to understand." He explained.

I pulled the sheet off of me.
"I understand." I said.

I looked over at Nate who was now fully dressed. "Alright." He said as he looked down at his watch. "I'll have someone over here to get your things." He said before leaning down to kiss me on the forehead. "Okay." I sighed.
~~~~~~~~
"You're a hundred percent that you're ready to go back with him?" Cami asked. "A thousand percent." I said with a big smile.

"Ugh why isn't this baby here yet?" Cami asked while poking my stomach. "Cami it hasn't even been a month yet. This is going to be a long ass process. But I'm ready to go through with it. I'm happy that it's Nate's. I wouldn't want it with anyone one else." I said honestly.

"I know." Cami said dramatically.
"Okay, so the people coming to get your things are coming around here by 4. You don't have much things so this will be easy." Cami said.

"In the mean time?" I asked.
"Well we do have three hours. We can watch pretty little liars?" She suggested. I nodded in response.

There was a phone ringing. I looked down to see if it was mine but it wasn't. "That's yours." I told her. She reached in her pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Yes this is she." Cami had a look of confusion on her face.
"Mrs. Maloley recommended this you said?"

Nate's mother? Why the hell is she calling?

"Oh okay. I'll bring the news to them. Thank you. Alright." She said before hanging up.
"You said something about Nate's mom?" I asked her and she nodded. "Yeah." She responded.
"Well what did she want?" I asked nervously.

"Her assistant called me since I'm Nate's assistant, and the lady told me that she wanted to have a dinner with just herself, her husband, Nate, and... you." She sounded surprised when she said the last part.

"Me? Oh god." I placed a hand on my forehead. "What?"
"She's trying to kill me." I said and Cami rolled her eyes.

"Shut up. I'm going to call Nate and tell him." She said before walking away. I sighed and dropped myself onto the couch.

"Not this again." I said to myself.
~~~~~~~~
"Babe, you look great. Now let's go." Nate said.

I had on a silver colored dress with heels. I honestly didn't want to see his mother again but I had no choice.

"You sure?" I asked. "Yes, come on we're going to be late and my mother hates that." He said.
I sighed but nodded. He took my hand in his and we walked out of the house. We walked up to his car and he opened the door for me. I thanked him and he closed the door.

He did the same before starting the car.

"Look, I don't know what they want, probably to criticize me and you again. But don't let it get to you." He said.

"Why are we even going?" I asked.

"Because they're my parents." He deadpanned.