23

Kathryn's pov

We finished our meals at Applebee's and was now headed home. I haven't talked to my parents for a while now. I should call them and tell them what's been going on. Besides the fact that I was blackmailed by Sam and shot. "What's wrong?" Nate asked glancing at me before looking back at the road. "Nothing." I sighed. I looked down at my hands and smiled when I spotted my ring. "No tell me." He pleaded. "Nothing, Nate really." We came at a stoplight. "What's on your mind? I see your face and I can tell when you're lying." he said looking at me. Okay Don't say it I turned the volume of the radio really loud. "Maybe you should meet my parents?" I said. Nate turned the radio off. "You know I couldn't hear you now say it again." he said. "Maybe you should meet my parents?" I asked with a high voice.

"Meet your parents?" He asked before driving again. "Say no, it's a bad idea." I said. "No this is a good idea." No its not. "I mean, they can't be as horrible as my parents." he said. "Nate, your parents aren't horrible they're just... Showing tough love?" It came out like a question at the end and Nate scoffed. "Tough love, Kathryn? You met my mother! I remember seeing you having an attitude towards her, ms. sassy-pants." he said. I narrowed my eyes at him. "I had a slight attitude because she called me a slut. She didn't know me, but called me a slut." I said, remembering what went down that night.

"She did? Oh, I'm sorry about that. See! There's no way your parents would be as bad as mine." he said. We were a block away from our house. "My parents aren't evil or anything, it's just their questions are brutal, and very straightforward. Oh, but then there's my older brother Tyler." I shook my head slowly. "You have an older brother? Wait, why'd you say it like that?" He asked. "Tyler's very... uh, he's very..." I said trying to find a word. "Protective." that's the nicest word I could find. "He won't kill me, right?" I stayed silent. "Kathryn?" Nate asked nervously. "Of course not!" I said and laughed. Nate let out a sigh of relief. "That's not funny." he said. "But why is meeting your parents a bad I idea?" He asked pulling up into the driveway. "Nate, if you were to meet my parents it should've been a long time ago, where I could introduce you as my boyfriend not fiancé." I said.

"What's wrong with me being your fiancé?" Nate stopped the car and turned off the engine. "Nothing! It's just my parents won't be comfortable with me marrying someone they don't really know." I said. Nate gets out the car and I get out too. He starts walking to the front door with me following him. "I mean after I introduce you to them as my boyfriend, then we can take the next step of telling them you're my fiancé." I said. Nate opened the door and held it open for me. I walked in and turned around. Nate still didn't say anything. He closed the door, locking it. "Nate?" I sang. "Yes about meeting them, no about lying to them." He said and put his hands in his pocket.
"Okay fine. I'll tell them that were engaged. Just watch out for Tyler." I patted his shoulder.

"Not to change the topic or anything but we haven't finished our game since this morning." I said. Nate smiled. "Oh yes. There's a lot of things you don't know about me." he said. "Nate I know most things about you." I said and laughed. He he furrowed his eyebrows. "You do not!" He said. "Nate, you tell me everything and if you didn't tell me, I figured it out." I said walking towards the couch. "Oh yeah?" he challenged. I nodded and patted the couch for him to come sit next to me. He walked up to the couch and say next to me. "Okay then. Name a food that I dislike." he said. "Tomatoes." I answered. He nodded. "Okay you got that because it was easy." he said with shrug. "Then ask me something more difficult." I laughed. "What did I get for my 13th birthday?" he asked. He told me this before. "A trip to Disney world in California." I answered. "I told you that didn't I?" he asked me and I nodded with a smile.

"I told you! But you can't do the same for me." I said and slapped his shoulder playfully. "Yes I can. Try me." He said and crossed his arms. "What fruit do I absolutely hate? And don't say tomato." . He looked up at the ceiling before answering. "Plums?" Plums. Is he serious? "Out of all fruits you thought of plums?" I laughed. "Am I right?" he asked. "No. Its peaches." I said and bit my lip. "But I was close! It started with a 'p'." he said.

"Okay ask me another question." I sighed. "What's my favorite song?" If he doesn't get this, he will be slapped. "If you don't get this right, I will hurt you." I threatened. "It's 'let me love you' by Ariana Grande." he smiled. "Aww! That's right." I cooed and pinched his cheeks. "Stop being so aggressive." Nate said. "Remember that." I said then gave him a wink before patting his thigh. He grabbed my wrist. "You know that's not what I meant." he chuckled. "I know." I leaned over and pecked his lips. Nate pulled me on top of his lap. "I love you." Nate said. I smiled before I kissed his lips. "I love you too."