5

Kathryn's pov

It's been three months, and its still the same routine. There's not much off a difference when it comes to my parents. They are both now working night shifts. I don't see them that often anymore because I have to leave early, and they're never here at night.

It's the same pattern with Sam... It's just like this is a pattern for us. He beats me and I try to cover it up the next day. Im really tired of being hit and not being able to leave. I officially hate Sam. I thought he loved me and maybe he did, but he doesn't show it anymore. Tyler only comes home for a while then goes back out, so I'm always alone. I hate being alone. If Sam stopped doing drugs and drinking alcohol... we would have all this time together in happiness, but it's not like that anymore.

But I have to say, by job is helping me. Not just by the money, but the people around me. I've become best friends with Cami and Aden. They been so good to me, but I still haven't told them about the abuse. I always have a lame excuse, but I think they know.

But then there there's Mr. Maloley... who by the way gave me the privilege to call him Nate. He's so handsome... and I know I shouldn't be talking about my boss like that, but I just can't help it. When he's around or talking to other people he has a different attitude. It's like he's more serious or miserable, but with me... he so sweet.

It's another day, with me covering up my body because of Sam. I mean, every time he hits me... it just gets worse. I can't even sit properly. I'm at work, trying to move without looking injured. I reach Nate's office and open the door. He's sitting back on his chair biting on his pen looking at me.

"Good morning." my voice was a little scratchy so I cleared it. He just nods, and stares. I start to get anxious. "Did I do something wrong?" he stops biting his pen and places it on his desk. "No." he says. "Then why are you staring at me like that?" I ask softly. "Is there something going on at home? Because for the past months, you've been coming in... and you've been avoiding my questions whenever I talk about how you feel." he says seriously. I take in a deep shaky breath. "You can tell me Kathryn." he says softer.

I give in. I need to tell someone. I tear slipped from my eye, but I wipe it away quickly. Nate gets out of his chair and walks around my desk to hug me. I stop him because my body's soar. "I have a boyfriend and..." I take a deep breath. "He.. he hits me." I feel the tears flowing down my face. "He hits you? Why haven't you left him?" he says with a calm voice but I can hear him trying to hide the anger.

"I tried the first time, but he threatened my that if I ever leave him.." I stop myself from saying anymore. "We'll have to do something about this!" he yelled. "No! Please, please don't." I stop him from walking away. "Are you seriously defending him right now?" he says angrily. "No." I shake my head then continued, "If you do something about this, he'll hurt me even more... he even told me himself that he would kill me." I say a little above a whisper.

Nate walks up to me, so close that we are about an inch away from each other's faces. "Can I see?" he asks softly. I bit my lip and slowly slid down my shirt, revealing my whole shoulder. He stares at my shoulder then covers his mouth with his hand. "They're fading away though... I had more, but most of them faded." Nate shakes his head and pulls my sleeve back up gently.

"I honestly do not understand why someone would do this to a woman... a beautiful woman, in fact." I blush and look down. "Don't go home tonight." he says. "I have to. He comes to my house if he has time. He'll know if I'm there or not." he sighed then said, "You're only eighteen.. where's your parents?" I shake my head. "They both have night shifts, and my brother's never home so I'm always by myself. Plus, I can't tell them what's happening because they don't know what's going on either."

"Well... stay with me then." he suggests. I widen my eyes out of disbelief. "Oh no, Nate I couldn't."
" No seriously! There is so much space in my house, you can't pick whichever room you want." He was being dead serious. I think about it. Go to Nate's place where you can sleep peacefully without someone hitting on me, or go back home to get beat again by Sam and cry while no one hears me... "I don't know... yes I'll be gone for one night, but I'll eventually have to go back and he'll be waiting there for me."

"Listen to me, you can stay at mine as long as you need to. Okay?" I nod and I wrap my arms around his neck. He slowly wrapped his arms around my waist to not hurt me. "Thank you so much." I really am thankful for Nate.

"Are you sure this is okay though? Considering, you still being my boss." he chucked and pulled away. "This'll be our secret okay?" I nod and let go of him. I feel like loads of weight came off lof my shoulders. I actually told Nate about my problem. I know that this isn't a mistake either, because I really do trust him.

"Are you sure you can work?" he asks. "I've been doing this for months now... what would be the difference?" I say truthfully.
" I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna ask you to do anything for the rest of the day, so you just sit and relax, okay?" He says.
I sigh. "Okay Mr. Maloley."