Part 7

Hey guys!

Shock horror I'm updating before a month has passed! 

This is rather short but seeing as it involves Erin and Max... I hope you are satisfied.

Thanks to readers, voters and commenters <3 I couldn't do it without you

Enjoy

Ella

xx

~Erin~

I don’t know what I’m doing. I used to be such a certain person, I can feel it within me but now it seems to have drained away with my memories. Everything is confusing and complicated and muddled up in my head. I sit alone on a rock somewhere in the middle of the forest surrounding the Pack house away from them all, my knees pulled in with my arms cradled around them... holding myself together. It’s not that I’m completely breaking down again. I don’t even know what’s wrong anymore I just know something’s wrong. From my position up here I can see far into the distance. I can see the scattered trees before the land turns into open planes, the small expanses of water in the other direction and the thick forest that surrounds everything else. For some reason the blurred horizon seems to fascinate me. I sigh, why am I even here? Was this one of my ‘places’ that the Pack keep mentioning as if hoping I’d suddenly remember and slip up telling them where I go to gather my thoughts. Slipping up involves knowing in the first place, though I seem to be doing rather a lot of it lately.

I think back to earlier today when I was introduced to the West Peaks. How did I recognise him when I have no memories of him...of anything? I don’t know what it was that made me start like that... it’s not like suddenly the earth moved and there was Max. I scoff aloud. I’m not pathetic. It was more like seeing an old friend or a stranger who smiled at you in the street for the second time, like seeing a Pack-mate. Yet apparently I’ve only met him once before.

Soft rustling comes from a while off but obviously heading in this direction. Part of me wants to run but another seems to be telling me it’s ok. Then somehow I know it’s him and I’m not bothered anymore. Wait. Do I trust him? To be honest I don’t know whether I do, though it feels like I’d be more likely to trust him then the rest of them. I wince imagining their faces if they knew that. Asher would probably break something important and Cole... I don’t actually know what he’d do. He’s different all the time. Figures.

The noises get closer but to any normal person it would be like he isn’t there because he’s moving so quietly. Do I want him to see me like this? I pull my arms tighter around myself. I feel more together like this. The thought of him seeing me like this doesn’t bother me either apparently. None of this makes sense. I think he saw this within me anyway, or at least he was looking for it.

My eyes go back to the horizon without me even thinking about it. I’m drawn to it. I hear him emerge through the trees but I continue to trace the distant shapes with my eyes. I hear a slight scuffle as he climbs the rock to reach me until finally I can feel his presence a metre away also sitting on the large, smoothed platform of rock. He seems to be surrounded by such calming energy that flows out in waves... am I the only one who can feel that?

“What’s past the horizon?” He breaks the silence suddenly and I turn my head to look at his milky hazel eyes that look questioningly at me. What is past the horizon?

“That’s a good question” I reply simply once again pulling my legs in closer as unnatural chills ripple through me. It’s not like I would remember id I’ve ever been there. I have no memories that stretch more than a few miles from the Pack house or hospital. A single tear drop finds its way to the surface and slides down my cheek, landing on the rock with a slight plunk. Why am I even letting these feelings out? Stop it Erin. You are not a fucking pussy. Suck it up. I take a deep breath in and refuse to let any more fall after that one, even if he has already seen it.