All Hell Breaks Loose

"Coffee would be great and horrible now-" I thought as a heard of teens pushed past everyone and themselves in a stampede to get inside. Literal hell. It was like being a piece of pat getting stepped on and pushed around in this crowd-

Really people calm down- this isn't the apocalypse god

I somehow managed to survive the crowd and got to my locker. Not being in the bunch of scrambling idiots to get their info and get it over with, I printed mine ahead of time. Schedule, classes, school map and locker combo/number all in my hand and away from the chaos. Ha idiots- I decided to look at my schedule and it said that I had Homeroom first. It was only for today since it was the first day and people needed introductions to the school and what not instead of getting right to it, but ok. Fortunately, I had art next so that was something I'd be starting my mornings with from now on. Graciously it was something that I'm actually good at. I already put a sketchbook and pencils into my bag this morning to at least draw in during lunch, but hallelujah to art class later. I looked at the map and schedule and headed to Homeroom.

At least I tried to get there ok-

These two boys came up to me, likely in higher grades. The one was the blondie I saw earlier who called the other guys baby brother and he had his friend with him since they seemed close clearly. His friend had chocolate brown hair and light blue eyes.

Probably popular fuck boys. (A/N I'm sorry I had to XD edit: I'm not taking that out that's iconic-)

"Hey," the brunette started, "I'm Laurence and this is Garroth," he introduced them, now having Garroth confirmed to be who she thought he was out of the three. "Are you lost?" I simply nod, a bit grateful since there was no way I'd find my way alone. For all I knew I was probably on the wrong side of the school- my luck, but fingers crossed I'm wrong and these two can help me find my class. If I hadn't only just come in for sophomore year, I would know my way around but nope-

"What class are you going to?" Garroth asked and I handed home my schedule, "homeroom." I said simply. "Hmm, she's kinda cute" Laurence hummed, looking at me up and down. I did the same, but in a less interested way. "No thanks" I shrugged, I just wanted to get to class. "Aww, don't be like that. He was just complimenting you," Garroth said and before they could say more I rolled my eyes and took my schedule back from. "Ugh, I'll just find my class myself. I don't need this at 7 am if you're not actually going to help. Find someone who's easier to fool. Bye"

It took awhile without help, but I did eventually find my Homeroom, and luckily just on time too. There weren't many seats left since most students were with their friends. I had no other choice but to sit in the back corner near that emo kid I saw earlier with Garroth and the other brunette. I wasn't up for more conversations today since I wasn't having the best luck so far, so I just pulled out my sketchbook and pencil.

I wasn't drawing anything special, I was just doodling characters from shows if seen or making them based off some interesting looking students. "You drew those?" I heard his voice speak suddenly, his natural tone sounded sarcastic and rude but I nodded in response regardless.
"Uhh...Yeah-? My pencils moving on the paper isn't it?" I said with some joking sarcasm since it was a common question with a really simple answer and to return that natural attitude he seemed to have.
"I- alright you got me there," He said with a small sigh of a laugh/scoff, "you're pretty good."
"Thanks," I said, "your masks pretty cool." I pointed out since I would've thought teachers would be telling him to take it off or move his hair from how weird school dress codes could get.

This is weird- I haven't socialized like this for a while, definitely not nicely like this today. Well, nicer than anyone else so far. It was nice.

"Hello..?" He was snapping his fingers in front of my eyes. Guess I spaced out by accident while thinking- "Sorry, kinda left for a second." I apologized. Before the teacher could go over anything grueling to sit through, I grabbed my stuff and snuck my way out to who knows where. I was just there for attendance anyways. I ended up bumping into to the 'Shadow Knights' while I was on my way out and was grabbed by the collar.

"Well well well... If it isn't little Miss Fang." Gene said while looking me in the eye with a dead look.
"Little miss fang? Kind of a stupid nickname if you ask me." I said, looking st him unshaded after the surprise left, "come up with something better, I have other places to be." I said and took his hand off of me, but he just shoved me into a locker.

"I don't appreciate your attitude from earlier or now... I think you need to learn a lesson~" I did not like the sound of that- "were the shadow knights and here, we're respected, so either you keep up the back talk or stay quiet and keep walking." He said to be using as a threat. "Sasha. Zenix. Show her what happens when we're disrespected."

Next thing I knew Sasha punched me in the gut and Zenix got me across the cheek. I was weak from the shove since my head had hit the locker a bit and head+metal lockers= not fun.  The back to back hits caused me to stumble and collapse on the floor. "Seems like she's all bark and no bite~" Zenix said. I knew how to fight, but I really had no chance against them. It was three against one and I was tired, hungry and not looking to make myself some center of attention. They all started kicking and punching me when 'Emo' came over. "Hey- you left your sketchbook behi-" he stopped seeing them beating down on me and I prayed i would have a lucky streak with this guy and get some help.

"What do you want squirt?! Can't you see we're busy?" Gene looked over at me than at Emo. He had this sly look on his face and devious smirk creep across his face. "You wanna join the Shadow Knights right, Zane?" He gave a small nod to his question as he looked both eager and yet sinister suddenly. To gave me chills. Gene looked to Zenix and he tossed a pocket knife to Zane. "Helps with teaching her a lesson and we'll let you in." I looked over at him with a plead in my eyes that he wouldn't do it and help me instead.

With what seemed like he gave no thought to it all he kicked the sketchbook over to me and flipped the switch blade open. I blinked and he'd slashed the blade across my cheek. I could see a small smirk appear behind his mask, his eyes showing the devil behind them. Now all four were beating the shit out of me. I guess I jinxed it, huh-?

Without any witnesses anywhere I was stuck getting beat, but then it just stopped.

I looked up to see them leaving all laughing, even Zane. Welp they'll just become more scars anyways. "I need to get patched up." I thought and sighed, getting my things together and dragging myself to the bathroom to bandage myself. No use wandering for the nurses and finding an excuse to what happened. What a great day.

Zane and I being in the same grade, he took every opportunity and class to his advantage to pick on me. So, even after Gene and his gang left PDH, he kept beating me up and making my life hell. No one ever saw and I don't say anything. Who would even help me anyways? It wasn't worth it and it only got worse when I tried to fight it. Ugh. What did I do to deserve this?

-------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
Update it is now 6 in the morning and I'm still not tired??? I might revamp a third chapter, but I hope you all enjoy the rebirth of the series-! I still have-
sweet irene
22 more chapters to do-
Wish me luck everyone
Till next time needs, later🤙🏻

Edited x2