Chapter 35: Anonymous - Black Roses Seem Appropriate

A month after Jenna's murder, I find myself visiting her grave. I'm not normally the sympathetic type, but this was an unusual situation. I had to pay tribute to her death because all of this was my fault. If she hadn't been doing my dirty work, none of this would have happened. This was probably the first time in my life where I regretted doing something for myself.

I was incredibly saddened by my position in all of this. Her murder hadn't directly been my fault, but it had been second-handedly. To symbolize my pain and suffering, I laid black roses on the dirt in front of her newly-dug grave. I mean, it seemed appropriate since she had been murdered for such dark reasons. And then something weird happened. A wet substance dripped from my eyes and slowly rolled down my cheek. After a few moments, I realized I was crying.

Stay strong, I told myself. It's what Jenna would've wanted.

To keep myself from crying – or rather just to stimulate myself – I stared at the inscription on her headstone for a long time. It read: Jenna. 2001-2017. Beloved daughter. Thoughtful friend.

That might not have helped my sorrow, but I needed to be here. I needed to say goodbye to her...once and for all. Maybe doing this would give me the strength and determination I needed to move forward with our plans. A crow's smile spread its way along my lips at the thought. I guess this really was helping.

Something else that brought happiness my way was the fact that the Team Of Mystery was now in no position to solve the mystery anymore. Soon after the murder, they were charged with meddling and obstruction of justice or something like that. At first, I hoped that they would be put in jail, but after everything, they were merely sentenced to seventy-five days of community service. I chuckled out loud as soon as I remembered how it had gone down.

I had kept an eye on them during the entire process and had caught onto some things. It looked like Astrid and Sam were done as a couple. Apparently the stress of the mystery had been too much to handle along with their relationship, so as of right now, they were done with. Another thing that made me rather pleased.

But my job wasn't done. I still had lots to do and it would take a lot of work. It wouldn't all happen right now, but it would eventually. The Team Of Mystery needed to be tricked into walking right into my trap and that would take an awful lot of effort. It would be hard...but I needed to do this for Jenna. Lots of planning needed to be done before the big day. I laughed quietly to myself. The Team Of Mystery would never see it coming.

I had to keep my eye out for someone, though. He was the mayor of the Dark Falls Town...Mayor Jones...and also Sam's dad. Well, that's what everyone thought at least. No one knew his darkest secrets...the secrets he kept under lock and key below his mansion...the secrets I would need to uncover in order to expose him. But his little daughter, Kate, also had some secrets of her own. I wouldn't – couldn't – let them get in the way of any of this.

This might seem overwhelming, but it had to be done in order for things to be set in motion correctly.

I guess we would just have to see how things ended up.

Hey, guys!!! I hope you loved this chapter. Things are going to start moving along in the next few chapters, so hold on tight as we get closer to the reveal of Anonymous. Only nine more chapters after this to the reveal!!!! Get ready and remember to READ/VOTE/COMMENT below! :)