And least she was nice, I thought bitterly. 

Following her directions, I end up in Mr. Solo's first period AP US History class. I decide to not go to my locker yet because what am I going to put in there? I enter the room, where a couple kids are. I take an empty seat in by the windows and busy myself with getting out my notebook and a pen. I figure that there is still a lot of time for the bell to ring as basically no kids have entered since I sat down. I put my head on the desk, tuning out the other student's quiet chatter. As I'm about to fall asleep, a voice jolts me awake. 

"Hi!" 

I sat up straight, surely getting whiplash as I turn to where the voice came from, the seat behind me. A pretty brunette grins at me. "I heard this rumor that you came to school with Colton Hayes. True or not?" She quirks an eyebrow at me. 

"Um," I open my mouth and then close it. 

I'm not the best at social interactions. "True?" 

The girl furrows her eyebrows, cursing under her breath. "Dang, I owe Kristen 10 bucks." She then looks back up at me. "Oh! Sorry! I'm Hannah. Hannah Jennings." She sticks out her hand which I awkwardly shake. There is a pause before I realize she's waiting for me to tell her who I was. 

"I'm Juliet Wellington, " I stutter. God, Jules! You complete doofus! 

Hannah has sly grin as she leans closer to me, leaning her head on her hand. "So, what's a new girl like you doing with Colton Hayes?" 

I frown. "A girl like me?" 

Hannah rolls her eyes, sighing. "Yeah, you know. The quiet, bookish awkward girl." 

"Thanks." I deadpanned, crossing my arms defensively. 

"It's not an insult! You honestly seem really cool! Consider me your best friend here at Oakwood." Hannah grinned. 

Okay, so maybe I did need a friend here. 

I give her a small smile. "Thanks... I think," I chuckle. 

Hannah smiles back. "Okay! Now spill! What are you, some exchange student having some mad love affair with him?" (Gif on the right ---->)

I blush furiously, shaking my head. "No! Ew!" I tell her how my grandma was sick and how I was sent here. I then realize something as I finish my explanation. "Why does everyone care that I came with Colton?" 

Hannah gapes at him like I was stupid. "Um, hello? He's like the king of the jungle! Mr. Popular, guys want to be him, girls want to get with him, Mr. Bigshot-" 

"Okay, okay!" I put my hands up in surrender. "I get it, I get it!" 

"Anyway, you guys are so going to get together."

"Ugh, guh-ross!" I exclaim. "Colton effing Hayes is an egotistical, pompous pig." 

Hannah looks me up and down. "Respect, dude. Tots agreed." 

Maybe this school wouldn't be so bad after all. 

***********************************************************************************************************************

Complete, utter, B.S. 

This school sucked. 

After receiving 3 hours worth of outlining a chapter due tomorrow from my butt of a history teacher, I then proceeded to get the same exact treatment in Algebra. Luckily, I was good in math, so I wouldn't have to worry so much about that. Finally, it was time for lunch. The moment I entered the cafeteria, following the steady stream of juniors, Hannah dragged me to a table.