Wrong

Later that same day, Scarlet filed out of her eighth period biology classroom, and headed to the locker she had begun to share with Melody, since she had missed the actually registration for one.

Cheerleading practice was scheduled to begin at its usual time, but with the enormous amount of last minute homework she'd been given, Scarlett was considering just heading home.

Her eyes found Bella, standing beside the door of the girls bathroom, looking flustered and texting away at her phone.

"Hey, Bella," Scarlet greeted her. "I'm going to skip practice today, if that's okay."

"Yeah, it's cool." Bella barely looked up as she texted away. "I'm leaving too. I'm really not in the mood."

Scarlet hesitated, unsure of whether or not she should question her. Finally she said, "well, what happened?"

Bella looked up suddenly, and her eyes fell to Scarlet's.

"Why do you hang out with Eva Rosewell, Scarlet?" she asked her suddenly, and Scarlett blinked in surprise.

"Well, um..." Scarlett knew the two didn't like each other. Everyone at Lakewood knew.

"She's pretty cool," Scarlett mumbled. "I'm not sure why you guys hate each other so much. Eva's really not that bad."

Bella laughed haughtily. "I really hate her. She's such a bitch. She thinks she's better than everyone," she said with a disgusted grimace.

Scarlet nodded slowly. "I kind of agree with that," she said. "I mean, I mostly hang with Melody. But overall, they're a pretty cool crowd."

"Just watch yourself," Bella warned. "Eva's the type of person that'll act bitchy when she sees someone else better than she is."

"Eva's always been nice to me," Scarlett said slowly.

Bella rolled her eyes. She turned away from Scarlet suddenly. "Anyway, I've got some people to meet. I'll see you later, Scarlett. Bye."

Moments after Bella walked off, Scarlet returned to her locker. A few people gathered by their lockers nearby, making mindless conversation.

Scarlet found herself pondering what Bella had said. She liked Eva, a lot, but she understand Bella's dislike. She was overly confident in herself- a character trait Scarlett particularly hated in people.

Suddenly, a warm hand grazed Scarlet's back. She spun around, startled, to see Julian smiling in front of her.

He had gotten everything from his locker already, and looked ready to leave.

"Are you staying for practice?" he asked her.

"No, actually, I'm gonna head home. I have a ton of homework."

His eyes lit up with excitement at her response. She loved his eyes.

"Great. So I'm walking you home. Let's go." Julian smiled warmly and offered to hold Scarlett's school bag.

Scarlett walked out of the school with Julian at her side. She had began to develop a slight crush on him too, but she didn't want to her express her feelings just yet. She was a bit apprehensive.

"Are you sure you wanna walk me home?" Scarlett asked as they reached the curb outside of the school. "That's a lot of work for you."

"I don't care. I wanna walk you home," Julian said indefinitely. "But on the way, I wanna grab a slice of pizza. No one in my house cooks and we barely have any food."

"Aww, that sucks," Scarlett said with a smirk. A bitterly cold breeze rolled by, and she shivered. Julian noticed this, and without asking or saying anything, he pulled her close to him and they walked up the street towards Scarlett's home.