chapter 12: Orphic

~ A/N: GUYS!! THANK YOU DO MUCH FOR 2K READS!!! And thank you for the spam-votes recently!! It really makes me really happy to think that SPARK is worth reading to you! Thank you all so, so much <3 ~
__________

~ A/N: GUYS!! THANK YOU DO MUCH FOR 2K READS!!! And thank you for the spam-votes recently!! It really makes me really happy to think that SPARK is worth reading to you! Thank you all so, so much <3 ~__________

Orphic

(adj) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding
• • •

Enoch and I quietly opened the front door and walked out into the darkening surroundings. It wasn't pitch black outside, but it was dark enough that we needed a small lamp to find our way around.

Enoch led me past a small pond towards a gated-in area. With a loud medal creek, Enoch pulled the gate open and entered the area. As soon as I step foot inside the gate my eyes sparkled with wonder.

Glittering lights twirled around the medal fencing, dangled from trees, and some even lined the ground. Enoch stuffed his hands in his pockets and watched as I stepped forward into the surrounding beauty.

Sweet aromas filled my nose and the soft buzz of sleeping bees tickled my ears. My bare feet played with the soft grass and my hands brushed lightly across the delicate flowers. Fiona was quietly watering a bundle of plants before she went to bed. I told her how beautiful this area was and how incredible it looks for only being worked on by a singular person. She sent me a soft smile and gently placed her watering can down. She peacefully began walking to the front of the garden, and Enoch gave her a small nod when she passed him.

I continued walking through the beautiful garden. Enoch walked a few paces behind me, staring up at the night sky.

Through the dancing lights, my eyes were drawn to a darker area of the little property.

Flowers grew beautifully in bundles around casings of vegetables, just beginning to really grow. The colors were brightened by the lights of the previous area, and clay pots sat ready to be filled. Down a lane of stepping stones was a quaint sitting area with a few white chairs. My heart was warmed by the scene in front of me. Something about this dark area expressed such beauty in its comparison to the other lit areas of the plot.

 Something about this dark area expressed such beauty in its comparison to the other lit areas of the plot