chapter 23

Melody POV. After I said that to Ross, I tried to distract myself. But it didn't really work. Ross' face kept apearing in my mind.

I was watching some random TVshow when I heard the bell ring. There is Ross... I got up slowly and walked over to the door. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Ross' face lightened up seeing me. I didn't say anything, I walked back inside with the door open so Ross could follow me. I sat down on the couch and brought my knees up to my chest with my arms wrapped around my knees. I heard footstaps coming closer and someone (Ross) sitting down next to me. "Mel, please listen to me" He started. I couldn't answer without starting to cry so I just nodded. "I didn't kiss Mackenzie." I made a noise that sounded like laughing. "You didn't kiss Mackenzie? It did seem like that." "Mel please, stop being like that" Ross put his hand on my shoulder but I shook it off. "Being like what Ross? You kisses your ex-girlfriend! She isn't for noting your EX-girlfriend." "Mel, let me explain" Ross said, I could tell he was hurt by the way I acted but I didn't care. "I went to Mackenzie to tell her to leave us alone, but she didn't listen. She flirted with me. And just before you showed up, she pushed me against the lockers and kissed me. I tried to pull away but I didn't want to hurt her. But after it all happened, I figured that I don't really care if I did." Ross put his finger under my chin making me looking at him. "I love you Mel, I never wanted to hurt you and I'm so sorry that this all happened, even though it wasn't my fault." I felt tears welling up in my eyes as Ross said that. "I love you too Ross, but I swear if you ever lie to me or something, I'll kill you" I smiled though my tears. Ross smiled too and whispered, "I will never lie to you or somerhing. You're to special for that." I smiled as a lost tear fell down my cheek. Ross wiped it away and cupped my face. "I love you Mel" He leaned in and pressed his warm lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

We pulled away after a while, smiling wide. "I'm sorry I was acting like a bitch" I said looking down. "You didn't act like a bitch, you acted right. I totally understand why you acted like that" Ross pecked my lips before he stood up. "I'm gonna make you something to eat baby" He smiled at me and walked into the kitchen.

I turned on the TV as I heard my phone. I grabbed it from the table, seeing it's a text from Ellington.

Ellington:
Hey Mel,
how are you doing? Did you talk to Ross already? If you ever need me again, just let me know:)
E-Rat.

I smiled and texted back.

Melody:
Hey E-Rat;)
I'm okay, yes I talked to Ross and we're good again. Thanks for helping me out today.
xMel.