chapter 7

Melody P.O.V Then Ross walked over to the Lynches, probably not seeing me at all. When he stood in between Rocky and Ryland, he saw me and he frowned. “Melody.” He said. “Ross.” I said it in the same tone as he did, and he didn’t seem to like it at all. “Don’t talk to me like that.” He said rudely. “Then you shouldn’t talk to me like that.” I said back. “Melody, walk away before I hurt you.” When he said that, I saw some emotion in his eyes. It looked like fear.

Ross Lynch was showing fear in almost hitting a girl? What was wrong with him? He looked over to his siblings, who gave him a shocked look as well. That’s when he turned around and walked off again, I swear I saw him wiping a tear away as he picked up his speed and ran onto the schoolyard. I stood there for a moment doubting if I should do it or not, but I ran after him.

When I walked onto the schoolyard everyone ran back inside with terrified looks on their faces, cause they just saw Ross crying for the first time ever. He sat there on one of the picnic-tables, with his face in his hands. I walked up to him and wanted to sit down next to him. “Don’t.” His voice was shaky, and I could see his face was red from crying. I shook my head and sat down next to him. “I said don’t.” He said again.

“But I want to. You’re not deciding what I want and what I don’t want.” I said. He didn’t answer, he just kept on sobbing. I didn’t actually knew what to do next. When I looked over at the windows, I saw his siblings looking at us. I looked back at him, and wrapped my arms around him like automatically. His head moved over to my shoulder and he cried onto my shoulder, wrapping his arms around me as well.

“Go on and cry, Ross. Don’t keep anything bottled up.” The bell rang, but I didn’t want to leave him like this. We stayed there, on the picnic-table. Then after like 45 minutes of hugging and crying he pulled back, revealing his red, puffy eyes. “Why did you do this to me, Melody?” He asked. I gave him a questioning look. “Why are you nice to me? No one has ever been like this to me, except for my siblings and parents.” He said.

“Rydel told me about your past, and I thought you deserved a second chance. And so I’ll give you one.” I said. He smiled a little smile. I punched his arm playfully, making him giggle shortly. “C’mon, he gotta head back to class.” I said, we got up and got back to class. The rest of the day, we stayed together. When school ended, I wanted to get onto my bike. “Melody wait!” I heard someone screaming. I looked in the direction where the voice came from and Ross stood next to me suddenly.

He pulled me into a tight hug and I hugged back. “Thanks for everything today.” He whispered into my ear.

Author's Note
@AusllyShippers1999's chapter :)